Small Size Room

Hi everyone!, This is my first time here in audiogon and it looks very interesting and informative. I've been playing around with my system for quite a while and just like most of us, my equiptment had been upgraded several times trying to get the best sound. however, I learned that no matter how sophisticated the system is, if the room size is not big enough, you wont't get the best sound quality.
My room size is 17'x 12' and ceiling is only 7.5' with
speakers BW n802. I've been thinking of opening the right side wall to the adjacent bedroom which is 11'x12 to make my music room bigger and it will become an "L" shape.
My question is, would it make a big diffirence ? would i get better headroom? better in overall sound quality? in other words, is it worth doing it?

I appreciate any suggestion.

Thanksa million,
tonusa
tonusa
Instead you should look at treating the room you have first, check out www.rivesaudio.com where you can plug in your room and find out where your problems are. I just bought their CARA software to model my small room and test setups before I buy treatments.

At my old place I made my square room sound better my system in much larger rooms without treatments.
You certainly do not have the biggest of rooms but you are still quite a measurement from having the smallest of rooms.

My room is roughly 12.5 ft. x 18 ft. x 8 ft. I am quite satisfied with the room demensions. Although I don't think I need any speakers larger than my Aerial 10T's.

Perhaps if you were more specific about what you think are sonic deficiencies. Take a digital picture and post it with your system.

You might describe the room: i.e.
o Carpeting, rugs, carpet pads.
o Sub-flooring, concrete, wood, crawlspace underneath, etc.
o What's on the walls? Lots of glass, windows, window covering types, etc..
o Ceiling, flat, beams,
o Bookcases, books,
o Wall panelings?
o Lamps, Floor lamps, recessed lighting, etc.
o Furishings, glass tabletops, wrought iron, leathers, cloth, etc..
o Fireplace surrounds, doors, openings, etc..

Listing these things and the placement of your speakers and listening chair can help determine what, if any, deficiencies you may be experiencing.

Then again, it could be the equipment itself as ultimately it is the synergy of the whole and the quality of each that determine the final music presentation.

-IMO
My second system is in a room of this size, it sounds very good. Do you have WAF on speaker setup in this room? That can be a big problem in a room this size. What is your system? With room tweaks and proper speaker size as well as placement, you may be able to be very happy with this room after all. I would call your room more in the med. range of room size. If you must place your speakers against or close to the rear wall, you may want to try a long wall setup, this can sometimes make a big change. It does in my room.