New Steely Dan; Great Music w/ Surgical Precision

Listening to the New Steely Dan release right now. Available at Borders for $12.99. It's very hard to compare with their other releases. It's almost like a compilation of "sounds" off their other albums. Great sonics. Great music.

Just so everyone knows, "Everything Must Go" is available on CD, DVD-A and, for the Steely Dan "collector", a limited edition 2 disc set with CD and 5.1 DVD.

New Steely Dan is always such a treat. Post your opinions of this new release.
128x128buscis2
There is a thread on the Vinyl Asylum over at AA that confirms the vinyl availability. I can't get to the link right now, but check it out.

Oz
Oz, and everyone else out there, while speaking personally with Warner Brothers DISTRIBUTING SERVICE MANAGER, I was told exactly this; "Steely Dan has not authorized any vinyl release in the US, but I will give you the phone # for our European affiliate".

I called this number, it was EMG. The vinyl release number is: #9362-48435-1 "European release only".

If you search the web you will find numerous importers of vinyl. Now, the cost: 28.00 USD shipping alone, from Germany. Album cost: $21.00 USD.

That's the best I can do. If someone else can find a resource that is less expensive, please let us all know.

For additional info:http://www.steelydan.com/emgversions.html
Ever since "Aja", I've had a love/hate feeling about Steely Dan. Great musicians, excellent production, killer grooves, great rhythms, interesting lyrics (usually), incredible solos -- everything I love in music. But then they throw one of their sappy light jazz-pop choruses into almost every song, and it ruins the whole damn thing. Does anyone agree?

JD
I didn't even know that Steely Dan had a new CD until I read the original post. Needless to say, I immediately ran to the local Circuit City who had it for only $10.99. Like Two Against Nature you have to listen to it a couple of times for it to grow on you. Musicianship and sound quality is of the typical high level that you expect from a Steely Dan record, but I'm not sure if the emotion of earlier works is there.

Overall, a worthy addition to the collection for any Dan Fan.
I like this new CD and am awaiting the vinyl. I think it will grow on me more over time, but I do not think it is their best effort. I like the title track a lot and the Becker lead vocal one is pretty good, too. If anything, it reminds me more of Fagen's Kamakiriad than any other Dan LP's. I hope that their live tour is good with the price I had to give for tickets!