Perfect Pitch?

Heard a prof from McGill University this am on the radio researching perfect pitch and its evil cousin tone deafness. He has devised ways of ascertaining if a person as such a gift even if that person is not a musician and, therefore, does not have the musical vocabulary to express their perceptions. Question: how many of you have perfect pitch and do so-called golden ears ipso facto have such a gift?
pbb
I don't play any musical instruments but can usually whistle passages of a tune I've just heard for the first time pretty much in key. A friend here at work has the same enthusiasm for whistling as I do, but when he responds to a song I have no idea what he's whistling.

Is this what you mean?
Pbb....You should hear a song by the 1960's British comic duo Swann and Flanders. The song is "Song of Reproduction" the second cut on Angel LP 35797 (mono) titled "At the Drop of a Hat", which was the name of their Broadway show. They made one other record that I know of, Angel 36112 (Stereo) "At the Drop of Another Hat". Both recordings will have you rolling in the aisles.
Aida-w, your description reminds me of the time I dropped acid and listened to Jimi Hendrix. WOW!!!
Dwudman - it depends on which occasion you listened to Hendrix. Sometimes he was only bearable when you were stoned - sometimes he was so brilliant that you didn't want to be. So Hendrix always was a tricky number.
Let's commemorate Noel Redding, the Experience's bass player, once again who died recently in Ardfield (near Clonakilty) Ireland. He was a neighbour to our summer cottage down there and we lost a real gentle soul and a great man.
May he rest in peace.