Calling all indie rockers...

Is there anybody out there?

The whole idea of Hi-Fi doesn't particularly lend itself to the often low quality recordings in the indie rock world, but I'm a music lover, not a gear lover. And for me, the indie scene is responsible for most of the best music being made today (exceptions being Radiohead, Beck, Flaming Lips, and a few others). So, anybody up for a thread of their favorite indie albums of say, the last decade? Here's my quick list:

1. Sunny Day Real Estate - How it feels to be something on (Sub Pop, 1998)
2. Yo La Tengo - I can hear the heart beating as one (Matador, 1997)
3. Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights (Matador, 2002)
4. Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun (Fat Cat, 2000)
5. Grandaddy - The Software Slump (V2, 2000) is V2 an indie?

Okay indie rockers, I know you're out there...
nicko
The first thing that comes to my mind is just about anything from Sonic Youth.
1.Air The French Band[All] 2.Sigur Ros-() also 3.Porcupine Tree-All except perhaps last release. 4.Mercury Rev 5.Peace Orchestra ,also Kruder & Dorfmeister 6.The Larry's-Oxymorons [For Frank Zappa fans]Great Music and Hilarious!Hard to find.[larrys.com] Frank would love this! Seems the best and most interesting music for a while is Electronic and now reviving Psychedelica.Ravenettes anyone?JD
Anything by the FALL...Mark E Smith is god...I have coined them "abstract rock"...whatever that means...start with Bend Sinister, This Nations Saving Grace, or the Wonderful and Frightening world of the Fall....

Also...late Aussie band the Swell Maps...
I bought This Nation's Saving Grace and really wanted to like it, but it hasn't grabbed me like I thought it would. Is it one of those albums that you had to hear against its own era, or do I just need to give it some more time?