Is there an end.......ever?

Well I am nearing the point where I am happy with the sound of my system, and starting to funnel my funds into software. I have a modest CD collection and with all of the music out there that I want I don't think I will be happy with my software for a very long time(if ever!). So the question is: are any of you out there happy with the size of your music collection that is to say not buying much if any?

For the record I have 1000+ cd's and could easily make that 5 fold, if I had the money burning a hole in my pocket that bad :) and I am sure I would have missed many "must haves" it is a curse!! Any thoughts please share.
~Tim
tireguy
Tim, try to manage your music and keep only valuable ones. Sell the ones you haven't listen or not listening anymore.
Among 1000 CDs I'm sure you'll find such that you won't need anymore if you come and think logically on that issue.
I roll-over every month arround 50...100 CDs and records that I'm not about to listen for a long time or already through with these.
There shouldn't be an end!
As long as people are making new music, I doubt I'll be done buying it. Although I have found that buying more than three CD's in one trip to the music store usually results in my ignoring or not completely digesting some of the music I've bought.
Gumbydammit,

I bought Chris Thiel's CD probably 4 months ago (before I ever heard of Nickel Creek actually), and it still gets a LOT of airplay on my commute.

Good tip regarding Sean Watkins...I just went out and bought it. If you have any other jazzgrass suggestions, I am all ears. Along these same lines, Bela Fleck has a great record called 'Tales From An Acoustic Planet'. Really similar to Chris Thiel's stuff.

The concert we are going to is at a small venue, although I am not quite sure how small. I do know it's mostly used for theatre, and we are in the Orchestra section, so hopefully they will unplug.

I have a tip for you if you are interested (seems as though we may have similar taste in music...) Check out Jack Williams. Southern Singer/Songwriter. Masterfully blends a lot of styles into something truley unique.
www.folkera.com/windriver/jackwilliams
If you have realplayer, you can check him out...I highly suggest him.

Cheers,
Z
Sorry to bounce a bit off track here. (I will re-align the heads before I am done!)
Thanks for the tip on Jack Williams, I plan on checking that out.

Chris Thile has a bunch of stuff on Audiogalaxy. He sat in on sessions with Eddie From Ohio and they are kind of like the Dead, allowing everyone to record everything.
It might be a take off a commercial album, but I dont think so. This tune is an example of what can done by an individual with a couple of Mics!

I sure would like to start an album of the week thing here...Kind of like a list where for Folk you have one, Rock, you have one Reggae, you have one....etc. (But for Opera, they go to thier own site. Same as Rap and Hip Hop. hehe)

Happy listening!