Aesthetix Calypso vs ARC LS25 MK2

Looking for insight from folk's who have compared these two pre's either head to head
in the same system (preferably) or experience with both in different systems.

I'm not looking at any other pre's at this time,
so please don't muddy up the thread with other pre's I should consider.

Thanks in advance...
perfectionist
I've owned the standard Calypso, but sold it along with my tube amp thinking I'd enjoy the simplicity of an integrated amp... turned out to be a mistake that was regrettable. Now I'm back to separates and stepped up to the Calypso Signature. Both preamps are great values IME, with the Signature providing additional resolution, transparency and a larger soundstage. Swapping out the stock tubes with carefully selected NOS tubes is a must in both units.
Swapping out the Calypso tubes is easy and inexpensive......right? They only have 2 12ax7's per channel. What was your final decision on tubes???
Depends what you consider inexpensive. I'd say you'll need to spend a minimum of $400 to $500 to do it right. Don't try to skimp on tubes or buy from a dealer without a solid reputation or you may regret it.

You'll need two closely matched 12AX7's & two matched 6922's.

I have a variety of tubes that I have used with my Calypso's.

For the 12ax7 tubes, I prefer Mullard CV4004 Platinums (available from Upscale Audio) or Telefunken 12ax7 smooth or ribbed plates. For the 6922's, i like "white" label Amperex or Phillips SQ's.

In addition to Upscale Audio (good prices, but kind of snooty), I like Brent Jessee's tubes and also Vintage Tube Services (be prepared to wait 3 weeks to get your tubes if you buy from Vintage Tube Services). All of these suppliers can be found via Google and they are reputable.