Tom Cruise

In the wake of audiophiles Tom Cruise and Jimmy Fallon discussing audio systems on the Tonight Show, be sure and catch the scene in the new Mission Impossible movie where Cruise searches for a John Coltrane LP in a record shop.
hifigary
And then there is Jerry Maguire when the jazz religious babysitter gives a cassette of Coltrane to Jerry and he plays it with the Renee Zelwinger character during a tender love scene and asks "what is this" in an I don't get it way, turns it off and the scene goes to the soundtrack score. Maybe Cruise got into Coltrane after playing that character in that scene, kind of a turn of taste or a revelation of the music of Coltrane, who knows but Tom.
And now Fallon has a vinyl listening room do to the fact Cruise told Fallon what to buy. It would be Interesting to know what he has.
I remember ages ago, I was in a high end stereo store in Westwood looking at something and discussing it with the dealer in detail and Tom Cruise came in with his stunning girlfriend at the time.

This was LA and entertainers are a dime a dozen here so no one flips out when one walks in.

He stood and listened to us talk for awhile and then came over and asked me some questions about the equipment. I talked to him for a few moments and also told him I didn't work there. We still talked.

He knows high end audio and audio equipment quite well and was a very approachable guy. He also knows high end motorcycles well.

just a short story about Tom Cruise.

enjoy