FM Acoustics 611 vs Goldmund 29.6M

Can anyone help me compare these two amps?
no_slouch
Ok, fair enough. Thank you for your comments. That makes sense. Yeah, FM is real high priced these days too. But, I do like the sound. I most likely will get it used when I'm ready.
Mgmmgm, as you probably have known, all FMA will only shine when used with their own appropriate proprietary cabling. In my earlier days (had my 611 for 19yrs now), I tried the mixing and matching game and only to realize their true potential when used as a system (*all cabling+pre) much later. Yes, wrong cables and/pre could have them sounding somewhat off, but when everything is dialed in properly, to me, they still stood the test of time even against today's elites.
My only complaint of them (611), is that they are prone to thermal shut down when driven hard, due to their compact chasis and lack of fan. Again as we know, system synergy is always crucial in this hobby, just much more so with FMA stuffs.
I also think that although FMA make great amps, true forte is their pre-s. Still.. Given a choice, I'd take 1811 over the impressive looking Telos5000. :)
I agree Bvdman. To really hear what FM amps are capable of, the FM cables and preamps are necessary.

That's exactly what the 611 I had did! I thought there was something wrong with the amp. It probably gets hot due to being Class A as well?

In my mind, FM is one of the best, if not the best. I plan on owning FM again. But only used. There's no way I can afford new!
No_slouch, I strongly suggest that you listen to the BMC DAC1 PRE and the M1 amps. Plus in my opinion their MCCI phono stage has no rivals.

I owned MM equipment long ago and really don't have any recent experience experiences, but I suspect the BMC is superior and certainly less expensive.