Seeking opinions about Pass Labs 250.5 amp.

Just was wondering if you members who were waiting for your Pass Labs-250.5 amps had received them and what your opinion is of their sonics is in your system? I believe there were at least two or three GON members that had posted questions regarding this amp in the last couple of months, so it would be great to see what you now think. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share.
teajay
I own the X250.5 and previously owned the X250. It is an outstanding amp for its price. It has a wide and deep soundstage, tonality of instructions appear natural, voices are presented with a presense that almost feels alive, the midrange just sounds right. It has a very deep base not as well controlled as for example the Krell evo2250e but very natural in sound. The amp will benefit from the right cables and power cords make a huge difference in the presentation and performance. It runs a bit hot and needs good ventilation. It would not be my first choice for a home theater application.
Ok, I have this question; is the X350.5 much better or just a bit better than the X250.5. I do see that the X350.5 uses much bigger caps and has a bigger transformer than the X250.5. So I would think that it would be more transparent and dynamic.
The X350.5 has more class A watts. More drive and control compared to the X250.5. The stage is also bigger. It also dpends on the speaker. But you hear the difference between the amps for sure. Also at lower volumes there will be more weight and control. But now comes the funny thing; Wenn I bought the Purist Audio LE 2013 powercable I was stunned about the difference with a cheaper powercable of Purist with this one. I think wenn I would have used the 350.5 with a powercable of a few hundred dollars the 250.5 wiht the LE powercable would have played even better. Without the LE powercable you loose in the openness and extreme articulation of voices. So you can get a superior level out of a Pass Labs by using a different powercable. I heard many new things in wellknown recordings with the combination of the X250.5 and LE 2013 powercable. With the XA100.5 and XP-20 I did not have the level in articulation I know have. This is why I test and compare so often. Always to find the best sound possible. Wenn you are a perfectionist you Always look further and go on and on! I have a big drive to improve all the time.
Ok, thanks, much appreciated. I thought that would be the case regarding the difference in sound between the X250.5 and the X350.5. Thanks for confirming it. Now have you owned the X350.5, or are you saying you wish to own it? As for the rest, I'm not a big believer in aftermarket power cables, but I could certainly try it, I suppose.
I heard many Pass labs poweramps. The same for powercables. For those who have not a lot of experience with cabels I use blind testst. It is Always about letting people hear the difference. The reason why some people are still not convinced about cables is because there are too many average or even poor brands. I only use the best, the rest I really don't f...care. The thing I hate most in this business is the poor knowledge of many people who work in this business. Often they are not dedicated to what they do. They just do it for the money. The many many products in audio what is sooooo average or even poor. It is onbelievable how many people have these kind of products in there sets.