Spectron Musician 3 First Impressions?

I just installed my Spectron Musician 3 into my system. I had a 2A3 amp powering 96db Epiphany 12/12s. Out of the box, ice cold, the Spectron was incredible! The tonality was spot on with the 2A3 tube amp! The harmonic structure was 85% of the tube amp, and this was with less than 4 hours on the Spectron! The Spectron bettered the 2A3 in 3 major ways: 1.) Increased detail with no loss of sweetness 2.) Deeper bass with more control, 3.) Both micro & macro dynamics! Spectron says it takes 3-4 weeks of 24/7 at medium volume before the amp sounds its best. Has anyone else had a chance to listen to this incredible amp?????

Note: I am not affiliated with Spectron.
128x128darrell

I came across this interesting capacitor shootout:

http://www.tempoelectric.com/caps.htm

V-cap was named 'best in class'. With the popularity of V-caps, it seems that it will be a popular upgrade for Spectron amps.

When I send my amps for the MK II upgrade, the V-caps option will be at the top of my list.

What are your thoughts on the V-cap upgrade?
There is a cap shoot-out on audiocircle ,too,
but I don't know how to link.
On the (audio central) section of (audio/video), under (my capacitor comparisons:mundorf)etc.

Also look up in the v-cap website for their reviews and there is a good Chinese shoot-out.

Check with Simon on his thoughts with your amp topography
and Bybee plus / minus the v-caps and his custom cap in the Mk2.

Go for the best sound for you. Simon knows better then I regarding the nuances of the upgrades (as always UMMV)

I am too soon to give a sound review on my amp yet, as a life situation has postponed some plans.
Not to worry, still to come!
Rod

I find all this cap discourse quite fascinating. Some say V-caps are the greatest thing. some say the opposite. I think it may come down to component matching and personal preference.

One case that highlights this is Srajan Ebaen's Supratek Cabernet Dual preamp. He had the caps changed to V-caps just to have them resersed back to the old caps a few months later. At the other end, there are some Supratek users that simply swear by the V-caps.

I'll certainly check with Simon when I go for the MK II upgrade.

In the defense with regards to 6moons and others;
I understand the V-cap is a 600 hr break in and some may jump to conclusions.
I understand the V-cap is a 600 hr break in and some may jump to conclusions.

I agree, I have read similar break in time for V-caps. I think they stated at the Tempo Electric shootout that the V-caps had the longest recommended break in time (400hrs) among the caps in the shoot out.