Spectron Musician 3 First Impressions?

I just installed my Spectron Musician 3 into my system. I had a 2A3 amp powering 96db Epiphany 12/12s. Out of the box, ice cold, the Spectron was incredible! The tonality was spot on with the 2A3 tube amp! The harmonic structure was 85% of the tube amp, and this was with less than 4 hours on the Spectron! The Spectron bettered the 2A3 in 3 major ways: 1.) Increased detail with no loss of sweetness 2.) Deeper bass with more control, 3.) Both micro & macro dynamics! Spectron says it takes 3-4 weeks of 24/7 at medium volume before the amp sounds its best. Has anyone else had a chance to listen to this incredible amp?????

Note: I am not affiliated with Spectron.
128x128darrell
If I am not mistaken, when I talked to Toni a couple months ago she said part of SE upgrade were Hi-Fi tuning fuses.
I should be getting my amp back this week I'll take a look inside and let you know.
Mdrummer01,took a look inside the 4 fuses on the cap boards were regular fuses,only the main fuse in the back is a Hi-Fi tuning fuse.
Does anybody's transformer make a slight buzzing sound on their unit? Before I sent my M3 for the SE mods it was dead quite. I'll let it break in for a several hundred hours and see what happens.
Spoke to Spectron today, they did some circuit changes and no longer needed the Hi-Fi fuses on the cap board. The one in the main fuse socket made the most difference. Sorry for the misinformation.
Took a quick listen the sound already is improving from about 10 hours ago. Once it breaks in about a month I'll post my impressions.

I finally got the second Musisican III SE up and running in balanced mono-block configuration. When I ordered the second one, I was simply expecting a small improvement over using a single amp with my Maggies 3.6. I was wrong, very wrong. I don't like to quantify the quality of sound, but if I had to, I'd have to say that adding another amp more than doubles the listening pleasure.

A single SE produces a very articulate, taught and well controlled sound from top to bottom. Two amps in balanced mode bring all these qualities to a whole new level of performance that I honestly didn't expect. The sound is now more articulate, more effortless and way more three-dimensional than using a single amp. There is a more defined and refined sense of space between the instruments. This is something that a single amp is really good at. What is added to this is the depth of each instrument and their position in reference to the listener.

Instrument spaces are clearly defined with a single amp, but with these two amps in bridged mono-block configuration, the instruments are layered and coordinated much more precisely. I don't want to imply that a single amp does not provide this level of definition, it's just that two in balanced mode will orchestrate and coordinate each instrument in such a way the makes it quite easy to "see" exactly where each instrument is located in the soundstage. I can now tell precisely if the contrabass guitar is left and in front of the drums, or if the piano is in front and to the right in the soundstage. I can almost get up and measure the size of each instrument and how much space there is between them. That's how articulate the sound is now. I've listened to systems costing up to 150k and this is a phenomenon I had not experience before. This is quite an accomplishment IMHO.

Regards,

iSanchez