I will ask a dumb question on power conditioners

....what is the difference between a power conditioner and a power distribution unit ???? I saw the site for these here on Audiogon and I noticed that there are in fact two types of units being sold. 40 years in this hobby and I understand power conditioners....but what is the difference and what are each used for ????
garebear
Another way to go is to check out a used Furman Elite Series power conditioner. This is an active conditioner with surge protection. There are separately filtered outlets for analogue and digital sources; an important feature.
I've seen them sell for about $700-800 in the classifieds.
I second the Blue Circle PLC Thingee. Using my Zu Mission PCs, I couldn't detect a lessening of the soundstage or dynamics using it or going directly to the wall outlet.

With it in place, there was a lowering of the noise floor. It didn't appear to negatively effect anything. What was obvious was a cleaner TV picture as well.

All the best,
Nonoise
...hello again, and I would like to restart this thread as the OP and if no responses I will possibly start a new one as I would appreciate any opinions on the Silver Circle products - the 5.0Se or the Tchaik 6 in particular .......
Start a new thread since now you are asking for advise on power conditioner/regenerators. If you have a high quality system, this is what you should be looking for.
....hello Lowrider57 ....and thank you for yuor response. Are you speaking from personal experience on the Silver Circle products ????