Question for First Sound Owners

I currently have a first sound deluxe mkII. I'm thinking of replacing my Jadis DA-8 amp. I recently tried a conrad johnson amp and they did not match. The sound was congested and lifeless. I have heard the CJ amp sounding good so I guess this is more of a matching issue. In this regard, i'd like to know what amps you guys are using so i can avoid purchasing something that will not match the FS. TIA.
eps
It would help to at least know your speaker and the sensitivity/ Impedance.... That being said, I am getting excellent results with a First Sound pres del 2 and VAC 220 Sig amps driving the Vandy 5a. There is a synergy between these 2 components in combo with the rest of my system.
I am using the H2o Signature Monoblocks with the First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II and am very pleased with the synergy. There is a review of the amps on http://www.6moons.com if the amp is of interest to you...
I'm using the First Sound with a Music Reference RM-200 tube amplifier with excellent results. I feared the low input impedance of the RM-200 (15kOhm) would be a problem, but it sounds great to me driving Hot Rod Shearwaters.
Just one more idea that hasn't yet been mentioned which is to check the input impedance on the CJ amp . . . The output impedance of the FS is rather high and if my memory is correct it is about 1700 ohms. So using a rule of thumb between preamp output impedance and amp input impedance of 50:1 or even better yet 100:1 then your CJ input impedance would need to be 85K or 170K respectively.

I have used VTL ST-150 with an input impedance of 100K ohms and currently an Art Audio PX25 amp with great results.