Best bargain integrated amp?

I'm in the market for a new integrated amp. I currently own a Cambridge Audio 640A, but am begining to notice its short commings. I'm looking for a more refined amp with more power. I listen to mostly rock, jazz, acoustic guitar stuff: Leo Kottke, Nick Drake etc. in that order.

I would like to go second hand and spend no more than $700.00, and I guess my question is will I notice a considerable improvement sound quality with a second hand amp of this price?

I'm interested in the Odyssey Audio Cyclops but have yet to find it used. What other units should I consider?

My system:
Speakers: Acoustic Energy Aelite 2
CDP: ShengYa CD-s10 (tube)
Interconnects: Kimber Kable Timbre
Speaker Cables: PS Audio X-Stream Plus

Thanks for the help.
catt3
Bought a NAD C352 recently (80 watts a side) to replace an 11 year old NAD 310 (20 watts a side)...spent under $500 new and huge bang for the buck..not much on looks but competes with much costlier pieces.
Okay, so I'm selling one, and take this for what it's worth...

But, the MD-208 receiver from Magnum Dynalab is one of the best buys for a medium priced system. You save money (and issues) on interconnects. You get a world-class tuner. And the amp is no slouch -- it's easily somewhere between the current Sim 5i and 3i. The sound is (yes) tube-like and feels very even and natural. I've seen it paired with $4k+ speakers (my situation, in fact) and it was a perfect match.

If I had to have just one medium-priced system, it would revolve around this piece. The fact is, I have two other very expensive systems...so, there you have it.
Onkyo tx-lr552. It's a 6.1 digital discreet for only $200 on the web. Sounds smooth like an upscale piece.
I second the nomination for Naim Nait 5i. There are so many nice integrateds out these days, from budget to high-end, I doubt any one can claim to have compared them all. But I've sampled enough to say the Nait is very fine, punches above its weight, and stands up well to far more expensive kit.
I've had mine for about 6 months. It continues to please and even surprise. It offers such a good balance across the range of musical attributes that you tend to just enjoy without missing any 'ultimates' that may available higher up the food chain, so to speak.
The music comes through free of any tendency to harshness or undue brightness, with good pace, rhythm and a slight warmth or richness without loss of clarity.

Some limits on versatility though, in terms of adaptibility to headphones for example.

You may be able to stretch your budget just a little for a used one, or perhaps the previous model Nait 5 may serve.