Rowland Amps with MBL Speakers vs. All MBL System

My reference is the Jeff Rowland Synergy IIi Pre & Model 302 Power Amp.

I recently heard MBL's omni-directional speakers for the 1st time, and was absolutely blown away by their amazing life-like performance. They were in an all MBL system.

Regarding this, I am looking for input from folks who are familiar with both of these lines, or have done some head to head comparrisons of Rowland vs. MBL electronics.

1) In general, how would you decribe the sonic differences between these Rowland components in comparrison to MBL's "Noble" pre and power amps?

2) Do the MBL speakers need to be in an all MBL system to do their magic, or could the MBL speakers be a good match with my Rowland gear?

Any feedback from personal experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
barrelchief
To Jeremy:
I'm driving my MBL 111 with Pass Labs X-350, and considering changing to the new 350.5. Have you compared it to the new 9007s. The price difference is BIG, and I'm wondering if at all justified.
I am running 101E's with a Rowland 302 on top and a pair of 501"s on the bottom. I love the way they sound but have no way of knowing if they might sound better with the Cat L3's or the MBL 9011.
Dear Barrelchief: The MBL speakers are a great ones and their electronics, too.
I think that Vetterone put on target: +++++ " To answer your question, the MBL speakers can make magic without MBL amps. " +++++, and like Husk01 tell you: your Rowland will be fine.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
After listening to the all MBL system at HE2005, if in the budget, I would keep it all MBL. Why change anything that can sound this terrific. The 116 speakers were absolutely more musical than any speaker I have auditioned in it's price range (in fact way above it's price range). It was in my opinion (and many others I spoke with) the best sounding music at the show. This was the only system I heard that demonstrated the dynamics and pace of live music. I tried numerous cd's I am intimately familiar with and I was simply amazed. I returned to this room 5 times and I never heard anything but great music (although I could pass on the Sheffield drums cd demo, who listens to this stuff in their home! Not me!). In all fairness I did not attend any of the Singer rooms as they seem to be more interested in their demo schedule than their customers (another opinion shared by many).
I appreciate everyone's input regrading the MBL speakers matching with my Rowland amp.

Having very little exposure to MBL, I now would like feedback on the sonic qualities of the MBL "Noble" amplifiers.

I have experienced solid state amps that (to my ears) offer very different sonic atributes.

For example, I will compare Krell to Rowland. Though at first the Krell FPB amps sounded impressive, to my ears, they eventually sounded sterile and ultimately fatiguing. Moving from Krell to Rowland brough in a lushy "warmer" rich midrange that really pulls me into the music.

Though Krell's bass "slam" was more powerful, Rowland goes just as low with lots of energy & offers a more "refined" sound that may not hit as hard, but is much more natural in its detail.

Another atribute that I like about Rowland's midrange is the presentation when listening to 70's/80's rock recordings that have a crappy recording quality. These were much harsher on the ears through the Krell amps...to the point that I could only enjoy them in the car.

Given that comparison, based on your experience, how would you describe the sound of MBL's amps?

Would the MBL amps lean towards a "warm" sound, like the Rowland amps?

How would they compare to the Rowland 302 in: frequency extension, quiet operation/self noise, speed, bass control & slam, etc?

Again, I appreciate whatever experience you can share.