Supratek Tubes and Tube Swappin' for Everybody

I will have a Supratek Chenin in my set up in a day or so. Since so many folks are rolling tubes around here I was hoping to garner a comprehensive list of everybodies favorite tube compliments. Be it NOS or NIB or WLATB (Whatever's layin around the basement)
Being that the "Deal of the Century" thread is a little more like a novel I figured this would be a good place to post questions and answers related to one subject of Supratek amps and pres.
On to the subject of me. I don't have immediate plans to swap tubes as I've figured that Mr. Maloney would supply us with something listenable for the break in period. But, since so many have reported such dramatic improvments I want to ask this question:
What is your favorite compliment for quietest gain and dynamics in the phono stage?
I will be using the Chenin exclusively for vinyl ( I don't have a CD player) and listen to loads of early rock and roll and Jazz bands, smaller jazz bands mostly, quartets and quintets. Some classical, the usual Beethoven and Mozart, but usually just a lot of loud garage rock.
Ok, now lets see what happens.
mc5baby
Amandarae - that's a bummer! I wonder what changed in the Chenin power supply that makes the Bendix 6106 not work. Well.. the people with Cortese's are lucky.. you can use the Bendix 6106 and the Mullard CV181's Two great tubes which do not seem to work in the other Supratek's. Actually maybe the CV181's work in the Chenin - I know they do not work in the Syrah.
Bwhite,

I will try to locate a CV181 in the near future. Thanks for the recommendation!
I am getting my Sauvignon next week! Hooray!

On a kinda swap basis for some vinyl stuff, Mick is sending me some NOS tubes he likes to run in the Sauvignon. I'll know what they are when they get here and WILL report back.

As a real newbie when it comes to tube rolling, I see that some good trading goes on at Ebay, but what are the best sources for tubes?

Has anyone tried any JJ tubes in Sauvignon's? A friend of mine imports them to Aus.....so could be worth a try...??
Bwhite,
Thank for interesting reply, are you sure that Bendix would work with new Chenin ? (some people claims it did not).
Any Bendix would do, or it have to be "Bendix 6106 Red Bank" ? I'm real rooky when it comes to tubes, but really like them.

I have got usual Philips MiniWatt GZ34 not metal base, is there big difference between those two ?
Sorlowski - Amandarae stated above that the Bendix does not work for the Chenin so... if I were you, I'd take his word for it. The Bendix appears to only work on the Cortese, Syrah and Chardonnay. You might ask Mick to get confirmation.

I think all Bendix tubes are "Red Bank"