Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
My words can sound quite hard, in the Netherlands I think we are a little harder. We prefer sarcastic humor.

I am a very honest person who hates inferior quality. Because these products are the ones who limit the better qaulity products. In 17 years I have seen and heard many times how low the endresult is of many people who bought audio. This alwaya had a very big influence on me as a person. That is why I want to do it differently. To create a better level in audio for every single person. More openness and honesty in the world of audio!
My audio buddy did the Furutech GTX duplex outlet taste test. A Gold GTX in one outlet, the other was a Rhodium GTX outlet.

Most of all his gear is tubes, SS amps. The clear winner was the Rhodium plugs. He had on order 2 more GTX Gold plugs from the Cable Company, changed them to Rhodium. The Gold plugs messed up the bass a little , much preferred the Rhodium.

I'm very happy with the results from changing out all seven my R1's to the GTX duplex outlets in Rhodium .
01-23-15: Bo1972
When you compare the Oyaide with gold against the 004/M1 the difference is quite clear!!
Bo1, I think you completely missed my point. I provided a detailed commentary supporting the view there is in fact a small, not night/day difference between the FURUTECH copper/rhodium and copper/gold products given a tonally neutral system. I don't doubt there is a clear difference between the Oyaide P-004/M1, but you are talking about apples vs oranges. Firstly the Oyaide P-004 is a lower range connector compared to the M1. And secondly, Furutech's FI-50M(G) is much superior imho to any Oyaide gold connector due to their superior materials, design and metallurgy. As far as the FI-50 and M1 goes, Chris expressed a personal view that he prefers the FI-50, but noted the M1 is a very good connector. He also qualified that in some systems, the M1 may have better synergy (eg: if you're running R1's). In my ss/digital system, I would likely obtain better synergy using FI-50M(G)'s as i'm already running a GTX-D(G) wpo. I'll have to have a think about that one as both are excellent connectors.
01-23-15: Audiolabyrinth
Hi Melbguy1, I do not understand why Chris said he uses both the gold and Rhodium in his system, I tried that, it was horrible!, they worked against each other, a real train wreck, weeks of testing revealed someone can only use one version or the other through out a system, atleast that is what happened to my system any way..I do not believe at this point untill I do more auditioning that one would have to use the same wall plug's through out, just the wpo's.
Audiolabyrinth, you're comparing apples and oranges. Chris correctly recommended the Furutech GTX-D(G) for solid state systems which are not overly warm. You are using a tube cd player as your source/pre and warmer, gold plated connectors (079’s), so I am not surprised you prefered the GTX-D(R) in your system. If you ran a ss cd player & Oyaide P-004 connectors, it could well have been a different story. As for mixing Gold and Rhodium wpo's, obviously that works in Chris V's system, but I would personally not advocate mixing gold and rhodium hardware.

01-23-15: Audiolabyrinth
Chris was dead wrong about what his recommendation's were for my system, The Rhodium over and over again was the clear winner on my solid state amp and tube/solid state Hybred digital cd-player that run's direct to amplification, extrodinary transparent hugely
I thought Chris V's advice was to go for Rhodium "on tubey sounding equipment, or tube amps or pre-amps, and gold on tube cd-players"? You're running tube preamp & warm sounding gold connectors, so his advice that Rhodium best suits that mix is correct.
I have mentioned this before, when people use a different connector to get a more musical sound it is caused by the properties of the other tools. So they use a connector or other cable to create a more musical sound.

That is why when you are not aware of each property a tool owns you never will understand how the overall sound is made.

The reason that I test so much is to get known with all the properties of new tools. When you are aware of all the properties it is a lot easier to create the sound you want.

This is the main reason that I can outperform all my competitors. This way the endresult always will be better. As you know the best and most convincing sound alwys will win in audio. This is what make audio the most easiest!