Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054

Showing 20 responses by bo1972

Rhodium often have more authority. I have the Furutech FI-50's as well. But the Oyaide F1 is superior to them. Better dynamics and also more details.
I have the oposite experience. I still own the F50, but in a comparison with the OyaideF1 this was superior in my set.
I understand your remarks about the warmer sound by gold
connectors. But you should not forget that even it sounds more
warm you still loose details. It often has to do with the
properties of other parts in your set what causes it.

When a set has a good balance you will not have the limitation
of the involvement in the high freq.

Furutech make good plaugs, but the Oyaide are better in
definition. Also in drive I was amazed that the same Purist
Audio powercable had much more dynamics with the Oyaide plugs.

The Oyaide gold 079 is also an option for you.

I tested in the past many connectors, standard, wattgate,
furutech and Oyaide. Mannnn they make a difference. I love
these tools a lot!
The F1/M1 from Oyaide are superior to the Furutech F50. I own them both, bu later I will sell the Furutech for the M1/F1 combo. It is superior in dynamics and in details as well. As you know only the best is good enough. Everything what is less, doesn't count in my world!
I have the same powercord with Furutech F50 and the other with Oyaide F1/M1. Big difference in dynamics and details.
You are right, but gold is less precise. I really F. hate inferior details and precision. That is why you need to adapt the other tools to create a musical involving sound. For me it is very easy to solve it!
It is made of Beryllium copper. The other shielding is from alluminum.

I compared the 004 with the M1/F1. I was amazed how much more dynamics the M1/F1 had. The shielding is a very important part for the difference. The 004 has a simple shielding of plastic.

When I compare the F1/M1 with the Oyaide I have almost the same outcome. I guess that the shielding is an important part for the reason that the M1/F1 outperforms the Furutech.

The problem is that Oyaide is still difficult to get. These days Purist Audio Design uses Wattgate connectors. Only becauae they had problems to get enough connectors. Audioquest stopped with Oyaide for the same reasons.

But for a perfectionist I am only interested in the F1/M1. For me there is not room for less. That will be a no go. But Jim from Purist Audio always give F. idiots like me the option to get it with Oyaide plugs. That is a nice thing.
I think the Furutech is a little warmer. But....to all other parts the F1/M1 outperforms the Furutech connectors.

I would never choose for a speaker with low freq bass units on the side. For example: about 5 weeks ago I auditioned the Rockport Aquila. When we played Jacintha: I'm in the mood for love I got irritated by the double bass. During the solo you could hear that when he got to the lower region of the bass the physical focus got blury. Beside this you often get more acoustic limitations.

I don't use Myriad. Soon my Onkyo 5509 will be modified. We will do the same modification like this oen:

https://upgradecompany.com/upgrade-company-products/upgrade-company-onkyo/product/2-onkyo-pr-sc-5530-thx-ultra-2-certified-av-controller-with-signature-edition-upgrade

The 5509 is superior to the 5530. We also will change the chips and some electronic parts. I goes even further than this one. 4 weeks ago we did a shootout against the Audio Research Ref5SE. We were amazef how much more details the Onkyo with my way of Pro measurment has. The level of blacks was also superior. The stage was a lot deeper and wider. Instruments and voices were also more physical. The articulation of voices was also superior with the 5509.

I already outperformed my old Pass XP-20 with ease. Desmond from Pass Labs know's the whole story. This week he send me an email that he probable will buy a 5509 as well to test.

Audio is always about the best. What gives the best endresults. With my X350.5 I can outperform the XP-20 with ease with the 5509.

Without my pro measurement it is useless. That is why we will use highend parts to get an even higher result. I even think i can outperform pre amps of above 30.000 dollar. I will find some highend pre amps to proof that I a m right. Because audio is all about facts and proof.

In about 4 weeks I will recieve a modified 5509. I will put my Pro measurement on it so I can compare it against mine.

In the last weeks I have had many people visiting my house. I think we will have a new statement in sound. I want to prrof this. Now it are words overhere, but I will proof with sound that it is exactly as I wrote here.
When you compare the Oyaide with gold against the 004/M1 the difference is quite clear!!

The Wattgate gold can even sound a little harsh sometimes!
I compare many, and always keep the one who are the best. I am not brand loyal. I am loyal always to the best!
My words can sound quite hard, in the Netherlands I think we are a little harder. We prefer sarcastic humor.

I am a very honest person who hates inferior quality. Because these products are the ones who limit the better qaulity products. In 17 years I have seen and heard many times how low the endresult is of many people who bought audio. This alwaya had a very big influence on me as a person. That is why I want to do it differently. To create a better level in audio for every single person. More openness and honesty in the world of audio!
I have mentioned this before, when people use a different connector to get a more musical sound it is caused by the properties of the other tools. So they use a connector or other cable to create a more musical sound.

That is why when you are not aware of each property a tool owns you never will understand how the overall sound is made.

The reason that I test so much is to get known with all the properties of new tools. When you are aware of all the properties it is a lot easier to create the sound you want.

This is the main reason that I can outperform all my competitors. This way the endresult always will be better. As you know the best and most convincing sound alwys will win in audio. This is what make audio the most easiest!
After reading some reactions I was surprised about the words some people use. Mannnn what is happening overhere? Please some respect. I can be hard as well, but this is not a war in audio.

This website is about audio and music lovers, so use it this way!
Cables like the Audioquest Wel Signature give you a new level in lstening to music. It has to do with more details, beter blacks and a superior physical stage. When you use cables like MIT and Transparent to make the mid and high freq. more involving you loose a lot. I have auditioned many sets with some Krell and Wilson speakers that you needed cables like Transparent to make it more involving. They forgot that they needed thse cables caused of the properties of their speakers and amps.
When I read how Audiolabyrinth has build his system I see that we have a lot in common. My focus is only on the endresult. I want to create the best quality in sound possible for the money a person wants to spend. This way it is very easy to outperform other shops in audio. Many of them focus on a product often based on how much money it will make for them.

I have said it many times, when you use the best cables on the market you often can create a much highe endresult. As you know I have owned many Pass labs poweramps. By using the best powercables Purist Audio creates you can get a superior endresult.

For example: Pass Labs XA100.5 with Purist Audio Aqueous against Pass labs X250.5 with a Purist Audio limited edition. I got a better endresult with the X250.5 set.

Other example: We did a shootout with the Wadia S7i with a Heavensgate of 2000 euro against the limited with oyaide M1/F1 of over 4000 euro. With the Purist we found it 300% better in the overwhole sound. The low freq. were superior in speed, dynamic and layers. The mid was so much more involving and open. The same as the high freq, there was a lot more detail and air. The blacklevel went to a total new superior level. The sharpness of the individual focus of instruments and voices was so much more physical.

When I listen to sets of many highend owners I hear that many only get a small % out of their speakers. Often about 30-40%. Based on the lack of insight and knowledge in audio. When you don't use the best cables available you never get to the absolute sound. I have proven this for many years now.

The thing I love most in audio is that the best and most convincing sound always will win. For a perfectionist only the best is good enough. I have done a lot of research in audio for almost 17 years of time. And I still do a lot of tersting these days. I a aware that my knowledge and insight is still improving. The gap between me and my competitors is getting bigger every single year. Because most people in audio are lazy and have a low level of insight and knowledge.

At this moment my system is getting to a new level of sound. i even call it a statement in sound. Because regardless of meoney I never heard any system with this level of timing, blacks, layers, physical 3D stage and open mid with the best articulation of voices you can imagine. I even can let people hear the edge of voices wiht many different songs. In the last few weeks I have had many guests who work in audio and many said that it is the best they ever auditioned.

I have bought a professional laser of 1000 dollar. And now I can put all loudspakers on one line. Because walls are in most situations not build in a straight line. The difference was big when after I used the laser. For a perfectionist there is no room for error. It needs to get better every day and I want to outperform any other company in audio on this planet all the time.

My way of pro measurment has given me a new level of accuracy I never audiioned in any set regardless price. In the comming week I will receive 4 of the brand new Stillpoints Ultra 6 for under my Pass labs X350.5.

In about 2 weeks I will receive a full modified Onkyo PR-SC5509. We think with thsi modification and my way of measuement we can outperform any pre amp regardless price. And I am going to proof it ( even without the modification it outperformed my Pass Labs XP-20 wiht different Pass Labs poweramps. It also beat on all parts a Audioresearch Ref5SE on my 350.5 with Wel Signature xlr cables and Purist Audio powercables)

I never had so much fun in my work as I have now. Because my research gave me a big step forward compared to where I was before. I love audio for life!!
Dear Jmcgrogan2,

In the last 6 years I had a lot of email contact with Desmond Harrington. Her is the president of the company. Our emails are about many things what has to do with audio and their products.

70% is ridiculous, I would not go that far. What I said; my focus is on the best results possible. There are many situations that you can get a higher endresult with cables.

Audio is all about the right balance. I don't focus on how much money I can make. I want to give all my clients the best results for the money they spend.

I work most of the time with Audioquest. prices are all the same in my country. This makes it a lot easier. And yess when you have a product with a lot of discount, it doens't make sense.

I see that there are threads about Taralabs cables which never stops. Audiogon should stop this behavior. I am not here for personal benefit. Just for fun.
I can level the laser on a straight line. I see in front of the spaker a red line. This way I can put them exactly on the same line. When you measure form the wall I had a difference of 0.5cm. This does a lot with the sound, stage and individual focus. I can get a higher level in the overall sound with this tool.

In 2 days I will receive the new Ultra 6 from Stillpoints. I will write a review this weekend!