Krell preamps which one?

I have a Krell FAB 300cx amp. Which preamp should I go with. The KRC,KRC3,KRC-HR,or KAV280p. Right know I can't swing the KCT.

Thanks
Russ
russb
HI RUSS,
DON'T BE DISCOURAGED, IT TOOK ME AWHILE TO FIND A KRC-HR, EVERYTHING YOU'VE HEARD OR READ ABOUT THIS AMP IS TRUE, I PUT IT UP THERE WITH THE MONA LISA. I HAD THE KRC-3 FOR 5-YRS. AND LOVED IT, BUT THE KRC-HR, IS S--------OOOO 3-DIMENSIONAL, IT MAKES MY EYES WATER, THAT'S WHAT DIVIDES THE TWO PRE-AMPS, ALTHOUGH THE KRC-HR, IS HARD TO FIND AND COSTS A LOT MORE IT IS WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN, SO TAKE YOUR TIME, IN FINDING A KRC-HR, YOU WILL BE REWARDED, WHO KNOWS YOU MIGHT EVEN GET WET EYES!! GOOD LUCK.
As on a former owner of the KRC-HR, KPS-25SC and KCT, I'd go KCT first, then KRC-HR. The HR is superior to the KRC only. KRC-HR is very neutral, dynamic and detailed without being too fatiguing.
Thank you everybody for the information. In my price range I will probably go with the krc-hr at this time. and then save up for the kct at a later date.

Russ
The KCT CAST connected into your 300cx will sound fantastic. Definitely something to look forward to.