Best Tube Preamp for JC-1 Monoblocks?

Hello all,
I have become interested in tube preamps to try out with my Parasound Halo JC-1 monoblock amps.
Based on current or previous owners experiences with using tube preamps with the JC-1's, which tube preamps seem to match up the very best with the JC-1's without giving up much, if any, the dynamics, top-end extension, and bass qualities of solid-state preamps?
Thanks for your responses in advance.
daltonlanny
Thanks Mark and Bob, for your responses.
OK guys, what tube preamp with balanced outputs would you most recommend for the JC-1's, based on personal experiences?
Thanks!
One more thing,
Is it really true that the JC-1's actually prefer a solid state preamp over a tubed one for best sound and matching?
I have heard or read that somewhere, or from someone before.

I am using an ARC LS25 MK1 with fantastic results. This preamp is a very good match with my JC-1's, from both a technical and sonic standpoint. I had been using an ARC SP16L which is SE only.
Switching to the LS25 and running XLR IC's between preamp and amps, has made one of the most significant improvements in my system. I've said it here before, if your not running these amps in balanced mode your not tapping their full potential, it's that important.
There are many improvements, but one of the most noticable is the "weight" behind the music is increased substantially, which makes listening at lower volume levels very realistic.

Your system will go from good to great.

Perfectionist, you pretty much nailed it as I voiced the JC-1 driving it with a balanced preamp. Lanny, you might want to wait until early '06 as the JC-2 preamp should be ready by then and it is fully balanced. While it uses no tubes it is all FET and is similar in design to the Dennesen JC-80. It is also remote controlled right down to the phase switch.

Bob Crump
CTC Builders