Amplifier recommendation for Legacy Focus 20/20

I am in need of your expert advise... I'm presently using Conrad johnson PV12L preamp with CJ MF 2200 amp to drive my newly acquired Focus 20/20.
Would the mcintosh mc275 be a good choice for these speakers?
Also looking at the Legacy coda mono-blocs
I know these are totally different amps.
Suggestions,ideas, recommendations???
thanks
flyfisher
If you want to hear every instrument in an orchestra throughout the play of a disc, even all in the violin section, then please consider the H2O Signature monos, $5,500. Read audiofankj's review here:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ramps&1103085768&read&keyw&zzh2o
Sean, has definetly been looking around... Yes I purchased the Pass X250. I like the amp very much. Alot more detail than the CJ and the Bass has tightened up. Overall a little bright but I think that was the preamp. I put my PV12L up for sale along with the MF2200.anD I am waiting for the Pass X1 that Ranger audio HAD for sale to arrive.

Again, I could not have done this without the help from the pros on this forum.
Flyfisher: Your mentioning this reminded me of something i overlooked in my previous comments in this thread. My Father REALLY loved when i brought over a Nelson Pass built & designed amp for him to use. It sounded very sweet, airy, delicate and liquid within his system. I remember him saying that it was the most impressive amp that he had ever heard, but he was disappointed in the lack of "oomph" on the bottom end. This was prior to me modifying his speakers, replacing the speaker cabling, changing preamps and swapping out interconnects in his system though. In effect, he had a very different sounding system than he does now.

As i've commented in the past, i've never found any of the Pass designed amps to have "bottom end wallop" that some other amps deliver. The bass does sound very "natural" even though it lacks "slam" and "impact". The newer .5 series of amps are supposed to address some of these areas and there is no reason that you couldn't impliment some of these changes / parts upgrades to the existing X250 that you have. Either way, you have a very nice amplifier as it is and i'm glad that you like it.

I would look carefully at the cabling that you use between the amp and the speakers. This can really make a huge difference in my experience, regardless of those that say that speaker cables are all the same. Making sure that you also have a 20+ amp circuit to feed the amp and a good quality power cord will also add a bit more icing to the cake, which may be all that you're looking for. Sean
>
I have a dedicated line which I had put in for audio purposes years ago. Since then we have rearranged furnishings and plugging the amp into this outlet would require a 12 to 15 ft power cable. Is this too long?