Need help from Pass X-600 + ARC Ref 2 MK1 user

I am matching Pass X-600 with ARC Ref 2 (MK1) and encountering a strange hum issue. I have tried couple combinations and it seems like the hum is coming from only X-600 + Ref 2. X-600 and Ref 2 do not seem to have any problem individually. Following are the combinations that I have tried and they show no hum at all.

1. X-600 + Pass Aleph P
2. X-600 + Wadia 861 (using build-in preamp)
3. Mark Levison 331 + Ref 2

I have also tried couple power conditioners and even power regenerator, but the hum still. I was told the hum might be from power & preamp impedance mismatched. However, it shows pretty healthy from the specifications. Any comments on this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
jshaw1004
Newbee: Thanks for your comment. Yes, cheater plug is the very first thing that I tried. I think I can pretty much rule out the ground loop issue.
Does it humm out the speakers or is it a mechanical hum from the transformer of the amps?

Are you using balanced cables?
Well, here's another dumb observation....If you are listening to noise with your ear near the tweeter/midrange and if your amp has a highish imput sensitivity you might just be listening to the noise floor of your amp, or its tubes. When I crank up my SP10II I get both a light hum and tube rush using two different amps, one with a .5 and the other a 1.v input sensitivity. With a third amp and a 1.5v sensitivity I get very little noise or hum. A different tube pre-amp is dead quiet into the same amps. Both with my ear at the speaker.
Cytocycle: It humms out of the speakers and a little bit from preamp's transformers as well (no mechanical hum at all on X-600's). I have tried PS-Audio's HumBuster, but it doesn't help on the mechanical hum from Ref2. I am using balanced cables. X-600's take only XLR.

Newbee: Humm... I can't find input sensitivity from my X-600's spec. Do you imply that there is some kind of mismatch between X-600 and Ref2? The humm is somehow auditable from the listending position.