power amplifiers with ICEpower module

Hi guys, what do you think of the new breed of "digital" amplifiers with the ICEpower modules, I mean sonically. My initial thoughts are neither positive nor negative. I think ICEpowered amplifiers are very clean sonically (very low distortion and coloration), but at the same time they are also a bit cool and lean sounding to me. My current reference is a rather low powered (50 W) class-A Accuphase amplifier.
dazzdax
I haven't tried listening to them yet.

The reviews and user responses have been very good, as far as I've seen.

The only digital amp I've heard so far, was the Panasonic XR70, in a friend's system. Not an ICE module, but a digital amp. Sounded pretty good for a mass market item. I understand that the ICE module is supposed to be in another league altogether.

If Rowland and others are using them, then I'd expect that they sound quite good, or they wouldn't use them.

I'm just one of those neanderthals who is holding on to his single-ended triode amp and record player.
Dazzdaz, which ICE amp have you listened to? I own H2O Signatures. They don't sound anything. They are the closest amp I have ever heard that bring my system closer to a real performance in my listening room. If you like dynamics, serious detail, and liquidity, the H2O offers all.
The ICE, Hypex, Evo, EAR, Rowlands, etc. are not "digital" amps. Most of them are class D alright (because A, B, AB, and C are already accounted for), but D does not stand for digital. One amp is classified as class T (tripath).

Here, suit yourself!

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/amp/messages/63926.html

With due respect, if the amp you heard is "cool" and "lean", then maybe it is something else because I have a different experienced. Or maybe, the power supply is not a good design.

I too have the ICE H2O. While it is not the "last" amp in terms of everything, it is nowhere near"cold" sounding in my application.

Just my opinions of course.