Parasound JC-1 Questions

I have been considering these fine amps and need some advice from those who have been using them.

1.Does the amps performance suffer noticably if they are not left on 24-7? I would rather just turn them on an hour or two prior to serious listening.

2. When the amps are on (high bias) do they produce more heat than a Krell FPB mono block?

3.For those that currently own the JC-1's do you have any regrets with your choice (nothings perfect!)

All comments welcome!

jsen
Yours for the asking! :-) Go to the Products page on my website (my username(dot)com ) and click the "Click here" link near the top of the page for a view of the amps and speakers...I'll get around to the front end photos one of these days.

Brian
Amazing Brian, a good dealer would have given you dual mono lava lamps with the purchase or at least green stamps! Bet all you received was some aftermarket power cords as well as a checkout of your amps.......
I didn't get the Mothra power plant and tailings ponds with them, either, Bob. Of course any good dealer (can you name one?) would provide red and blue lava lamps and configure them for the left and right channels so you would know whether you are coming or going, as starboard and port...they need to be swapped for recordings that are out of phase... I don't have access to the Starship models so I make do with small bottles of Aceite de Culebra which have developed a cult following among the cognoscenti and have been a big hit at pizza and beer parties...
It is amazing that the world supply of Aceite de Culebra hasn't been depleted by the cognosenti as it is mined very close to the vacuum mines that used to provide six nines oxygen free vacuum before the collapse. I have often wondered what tube makers have been using since the mine collapsed and that is another story, but I do know it.......I have almost a pint of Aceite de Culebra which should last me 20-30 years of normal use.......