McIntosh MA 6500 VS Musical Fidelity A308?

Reavaluating my system and have decided to go back to an integrated. I am considering the McIntosh MA 6500 and Musical Fidelity A308. Any thoughts-price range is about the same. Driving Mirage OM5's. Source is a Marantz DV9500. Thoughts?
128x128beernut
I use the A308 with a pair of Infinity Renaissance 90 speakers. Its performance is outstanding. You should consider a different set of speakers. The MF has more flexibility than the Mac. More power. Able to drive digfficult loads. Has mm and mc swithable input. Has aux inputs for a processor to act as preamp. Doesn't look like an antique. Don't just buy a name !
i was considering a 6500,but never heard one. did you buy one, if so what is your opinion on how it sounds?
It's a nice unit, still have to auditon it with respectable speakers. I've had the 6500 for about 9 months now. Looking back, i would check out some integrated tube amps or arcam integrateds.

Once again I note I have yet to hear the full dynamics due to the fact of the current speakers being utilized. None the less the sound is very warm.
System matching is critical as you can see from the posts above. That is the problem in audio: You never know how good any equipment actually can be. Arthur