DK Design VS-1 versus 300b sound

There has been a lot of discussion about the merits of the DK Design VS-1 MKII. I am curious about how lovers of the seductive sound of 300b tubes have felt when listening to this amplifier and whether this amp truly can bring together the bass slam of solid state with the warmth and musicality of the 300b.
hchilcoat
Could we turn down the hostility? It's fine if you love it or hate it, but why not show a little respect to other people on the thread. I would hate for things to get to the point where somebody who wanted to learn something was afraid to ask a question.

some of the DK claims may be over the top, but this industry is filled with hype like "giant killer," "beats everything twice it's price" etc. etc.

I think we will all know more about how good DK is when more people hear the product, but why bash something you haven't heard? Why attack somebody who likes the product? If the amp sucks, word will get out quickly, it will just be another flavor of the month, and they will go away.

I've had a chance to listen to the amp extensively. At the risk of angering many of you with my opinion, it's a very good amp! I'm not a dealer, and I don't care what you buy, but I think many of you might be surprised at how good this thing is. High end gear is getting better and cheaper, and I think that's great!

It's not for everybody, and it may not be for you, but how about listening to the amp before you decide if it's any good? Dk dealers will give you back your money if you don't like it, and that's about as fair as you can get.

Thanks

Dear Ttrhp,

I think you are absolutely right. I am sorry about this, it was indeed very unprofessional. I just couldn't resist.

Regards,

Daniel Khesin
www.DKdesignGroup.com
Jmcgrogan2 makes an interesting point, when he suggests it's hard to believe that a hybrid could sound like an SET (or visa versa I guess).

Thirty years ago tube amps and solid state amps sounded very different, and they each had their strengths and weaknesses. Over time designers have been working to diminish the weaknesses and improve the strengths, and the result is that solid state and (at least push-pull) tube are becoming more and more comparable, picking up more of the positive traits of the other. Will pure solid state ever be as life-like as tube? I don't know, but it's getting closer.

This may happen even for SET amps. I have personally heard SET amps in recent years that do not have the traditional drawbacks of early SETs - which to my ear were loose bass and rolled highs. We no longer have to make that tradeoff in order to obtain the glorious mids of SETs. Even the power of SET's have increased somewhat, so that we can use a little bit less efficient speakers with them.

Stranger things have happened. Let's be skeptical but open-minded.

Art
The DK sounds better "to me" than most separates costing more. I agree with the hostility issue here. Why are people so threatened with something new?
I own one, and am not objective now, but I was when I bought it.
I have owned many pieces, (you name it) an it is better than most.
Live and let live, this amp is GOOOOD.