Audio Research Ref 3 Opinions

Anybody heard the new ARC Ref 3? Comments please !! in comparison to the ARC Ref 2 Mk2
soundoc
Hi Guido, mi knowledge is also very very limited, here I am, talking about impedances and gains while I have not really a clue how this 2 work toghether...

Anyway, I will be using the REF3 with a FPB700cx that I ordered to arrive toghether, and I can tell you that the Krell has an impedance input of 100 Kohms and the input sensitivity is almost 4v. If we consider that the AR pulls out 4v when having a 2 v input (this considering the 6 db gain on SE of the REF3 and considering, IF I´M NOT MISTAKEN that the 6 db gain means doubling the voltage), there should not be any problems...I guess...what a mess...

Using your formula of minimum 1:10 ratio, do I understand correctly that with a 600ohm output (REF3) and a 100kohm input (Krell) we have something like 1/160?
brgds,marcelo
Marcelo, you are likely correct, but our hypothesis need be verified by someone more knowledgeable than us. When do you expect to receive the two units?
Expected delivery at my place is late this week (maybe as late as friday or even saturday) but this will be confirmed to me tomorrow or tuesday.
Word is that both units should be in Spain by now....

I can't wait, I´ve been going around in circles thinking of the Ref 2 for a long time (well, not that long, I´ve only had the LS25MK2 for 1 year...), as well as upgrading the Krell 300c.
brgd, marcelo
Hard to know at this stage, I doubt many (if any) have had the chance to listen to either one.
However, I´ve had the KCT at home and was sent back, in my system, I liked a lot better the AR.
Anyhow, 35k$ would probably result in 50k$ in Europe...out of my league. I´d rather spend the 50k in a pair of Statements...
brgds, marcelo