DK Design users check out Writers Choice Awards

With all the commotion about DK Design Group, I think many of you would like to see the following from the Positive Feedback Online's Writers' Choice Awards for 2004:

"DK Design Group VS-1 Mark II Integrated

When the PFO Writers were asked to name the "most significant product you heard this past year" the choice was a no brainer for me. From the very first time I heard the VS-1 to right this moment (I am listening to my personal VS-1 as I write this), I am still in shock and awe of this component.

If the VS-1 just did an adequate job as an integrated, given it's stunning good looks and overall design, at the cost of $2995; it would still have been a significant achievement. The fact that it has a wonderful mastery of any music played through it, turning each playing into a live performance of stunning realism makes it the best value of this year and perhaps many past ones.

The VS-1 exhibits sheer power, dynamics and a degree of delicacy that it unsurpassed in this price range. I can't think of any component that passed through my listening room that impressed me more than the VS-1 Mark II. (see http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue15/dkvs1.htm for more)"

Here is the link to the site: http://www.audience-av.com/positive_feedback_online.htm

By the way, I am still totally happy with my VS-1 Mk. 2 Reference. Enjoy!
speedfreak
Lloyd,
The new Musician 2 is wonderful, but that is heresay.
I have yet to put my hands on one.
I know this, the DK is remarkable, and for $2995. almost ridiculously low price.
I am NOT a downward price justification person either. Better is better, regardless.
This amp deserves just about the highest praise one can heap on it. The money ONLY makes it a great bargain.
Best,
I am buying one and plan on being very happy saving $$$$, I am also getting sick of this audiophilia stuuf. I just ordered a set of Reimer Tetons, custom made in Wyoming which are GREAT speakers. No retail outlets, built by hand by one man, and they are amazing. I am getting a lot of flak from my audiophile buddies, but I am willing to get used to just enjoying the music. Stop thinking ya gotta spend 10k plus, just to have "name brand" Let YOUR ears decide.

Smilin
711smilin

My VS-1 Mark II is due to arrive either Fri. or Mon. Small world isn't it? I also ordered a set of Siemans NOS German NOS CCa tubes. These are suppose to be the ones to do it with. I'm told it will blow my Musical Fidelity Kilowatt 500 Integrated. I guess we woll see. My friend who is a dealer in S. Florida heard a shootout against several respected amps and this bested them all. That DK had the CCa tubes in it.

Have fun Tom
Post removed 
I spoke to Daniel personally, and he tells me that this is not the case. This IS the Mark II after all, and represents whichever refinements they have been able to incorporate into the new piece.
Early adopters usually take the price hit, a negative; but with this piece, its performance and price, that does not seem to be the issue here.
I know of more than one separates owner, including myself who opted for this after having heard it.
It lacks the cache of the separates, and the bragging rights, but not the musical sound we all covet.
You could do worse; I have many times.
Best to you old friend. BTW, at 43 I was in my third year of playing in a church basketball league, with the all time Leading scorer for in ABA (American Basketball Association) which beat the NBA in face offs more than they lost. Any basketball buffs who can name my hero of the league. By the way I put together a team which beat his previously undefeated team 4 years running. 43, hell you're still a kid.
Best