Audio Note Soro SE Uh Cool

I've been listening to this amp for the last 6 hours; and compared to my ASL 1005, the 300b deal, it ROCKS! Am i crazy or is this piece of jewelry just plain ol' better? Bass seems to be rock solid, and the cymbals just seem to shine. I think I'll keep this one. What do you think?
mc5baby
Just curious, is the Soro an integrated version of the P2SE, or is it a 6BQ5 amp like the Ono?
Tonearm cable and ground go into the stepup. A new ic is needed from the phono in to the stepup. Also you will need a ground wire from the preamp to the stepup..any wire will do. Good luck.
I used my Soro SE Phono with a K&K stepup and it was a very good match. Run it through the phono stage, not the Aux input. Otherwise, you bypass the RIAA eqaulization.

I have run it through the AUX stage with good results using a Microgroove, but only because the gain in that stepup overpowered the phono input. Be careful how you connect the ground wires. I had to float the ground to get rid of a nasty hum. Also, make sure the the ic fron the stepup to the Soro is shielded.

I've said it many times here that I think the Soro is one of the great values in audio, for what it goes for used. Even at retail, I think it is hard to beat.

Phil,

What AN speakers did you buy? Update your system page, damnit!!!!

Joe
Joe

I am building them right now - so hold your horses...

For now I still have the Trentes which sound terrific.

They are the Kit 2 which will equal the Model E, the only upgrade from the bottom model is Lexus wire on the inside. I am thinking in about 2 weeks they will be done. I look forward to putting the Kit 2's in the corner and with their increased effeciency giving my Soro a break as it runs hot, which is the only thing I do not like about it.

I do apologise for not keeping my system page up to date with the AN wire and will do so now. For that I offer my most sincere, humble and heartfelt apology...
Thanks Phil!

I just posted on another thread about the AN/E kits. Speakers are probably next for me, and Albert Porter has introduced a contender to the AN kit. I was thinking about the kit 3, but the GR's look good too. But as you know, I like my Audio Note!

Maybe I'll try to keep my system page updated too.

Joe