Has anyone tried 2 amps in stereo mode?

I currently have a rotel 200W amp bi-wired to my speakers.
I'm wondering if I would get any sonic improvements by
hooking up a second(200W Rotel) amp? I would have one amp per speaker using them in stereo mode (not bridged),one channel will power the lower driver and the other the tweeter.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks.
greg_lett
Thank you all for you response. I think I will go for the second amp. A second Rotel amp will cost me less than a $1,000. The next level stereo amp that my dealer recommends would cost $3,000.So this would be the most cost effective way for me to get some improvement. I'm also double bi-wiring now, so I have two pairs of the same cable, so I'm covered there. I would need to buy an extra set of interconnects. I won't use a Y splitter. My pre-amp has 2 sets of outputs, so I can feed each amp directly, That should be better.no?

Thanks again.
I agree with everything that has been said up to this point and would add one thing. My bi-amp rig really did not come to life until I got serious about the power side of my system. I have tried several configurations with the best results using Richard Gray units and Audio Magic high-end cables.
Yes I'm in need of some power cord upgrades. I'm still using the factory cords, and a cheezy power strip.
I would not plug the amp into a power strip...plug it into the wall outlet. Cheap power strip will limit current when your amp needs it most.

Dave