Good sounding Deutsche Grammophon recordings

We have a pretty big classical CD collection and many are Deutsche Grammophon. Many of these recordings don't sound that great and I have to say that some of the Deutsche Grammophon vinyl we have is average sounding. But the performances are usually top notch. After upgrading my cartridge to an Audio Note iQ3 I took a chance on some mid 60's Herbert Von Karajan/Berlin Philharmonic vinyl from Ebay. I thought I would share some of the outstanding finds I came across.

Brahms four symphonies-outstanding sound and amazing playing. These symphonies can sound thick and muddy. Not here.
Brahms Violin Concerto- Christian Ferras violin.
Beethoven Violin Concerto- Christian Ferras violin -Simply amazing sound.

Karl Bohm and the Berlin Philharmonic Schubert 5th Symphony. Elegant interpretation and excellent sound. I think from the 60's

A live performance of Beethoven's Piano Concerto no1. from 1979 Carlo Maria Giulini conducting the Vienna Philharmonic- Sonically amazing.

I found most of these less than $15 and mint minus ratings- not bad :)
Jet
jetrexpro
On DG, I very much enjoy the sound and performance of the Nathan Milstein, J.S. Bach, Sonaten & Partiten box set
As to Karajan's recordings, those done in the Berlin Philharmonie from around 1978 onwards are compromised. Earlier ones are much better, on both DG and EMI.

Agree with your Karajan DG findings, which makes little sense since late analogue recording was SOTA. Must be the DG multi-miking techniques (and Karajan's insistence to have control over recording).
"As to Karajan's recordings, those done in the Berlin Philharmonie from around 1978 onwards are compromised. Earlier ones are much better, on both DG and EMI."

The earlier recordings were for the most part not done in the Philharmonic Hall, They were done in a church in Berlin.
As I remember from reading a Herbert Von Karajan biography, the Philharmonic hall under went some renovations in the early to mid 70's and that is when they started to record there.
Jetrexpro, that explains a lot.
But don't get me started on DG's entrance into digital. They ruined some great recordings.