Krell KSA 50 vs. todays ss amps?

I have never heard a KSA50 but they get great press. Has anyone who has heard one compared it to say the Halcro( which also seems to get great press) or to any of todays ss amps, like Edge or Mark L etc.
128x128daveyf
If you are looking at the KSA50 I strongly urge you to also look for the comparable Threshold SA50. An original Nelson Pass design it usually is less expensive than the Krell and just as good; some say better but I suspect they are Threshold owners and biased. I've owned several Threshold products and, were I to go solid state again, it would be Threshold and/or Spectral. The used Threshold presents a wonderful value. Used KSA50 is a pure class with 50 watts that work down to 2 ohms or less easily. They typically trade for around
800 used.
Yuri

There is a guy at the Audio Asylum forum (Abe Collins) that has an Ksa-50...It my be the mk-2 but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I read a post of his the other day that stated he may replace it because it is to large to fit into a cabinet and he wants soom floor space.

It would not hurt to shoot him an e-mail...do a search at that forum for his e-mail address. He may or may not be selling the Krell but at least will know you are interested if he does sell.

Dave

Dave
Hi
I already found a KSA-50 mk i for sale, but i am wondering if i should wait to get a mk ii amp, which is why i would like to know what the difference between both models is.
Thanks
Yuri, Read the reviews in Stereophile on line about the KSA 50S - they describe the differences between it and the original KSA. It seems that the reviewer thought that the original was a warmer and more rounded amp, more musical if you will. The KSA 50S was a bit more hifi (my terms). Anyway, read it.
Hi
Yes, i did read the reviews of the KSA-50 vs. KSA-50S.
But those are two completely different amps.
I am trying to find out the differences between the KSA-50 Mark I and KSA-50 Mark II models.
Thanks