Will this isolation transformer limit power draw?

I have a Bryston 2B amp, and I know it doesn't require more than about 300 Watts in stereo mode into an 8 ohm load, but I don't know how much power it draws in amperage.

I want to use a Stancor isolation transformer in front of it, which is rated for 500 watts and 4.3 amps. Is that high enough to avoid limiting the current on this amp?

Please help me out!
drlazybones
V.A. is volts times amps, 115V times 4.35A = 500VA. Just think of it as watts even though that is not exactly correct.

I looked at the 2B manual on the Bryston website and the AC input is labeled 720VA so I think you need a bigger transformer.

The 720VA rating makes sense since the amp can deliver 180 watts/ch into 4 ohms. If we assume that the amp is 50% effecient then it will need to draw 360 watts to produce 180, or 720 for both channels.
The transformer is probably OK for any reasonable home use of the amp, but why the heck are you using the transformer?
You need a bigger transformer. With a max current rating of slightly over 720 watts, the absolutely smallest transformer that you should think about using should be at least 1000 watts with with a very heavy core.

You can always try using the transformer if you already have it, but if you haven't purchased it yet for this specific purpose, you should thank Herman for saving you the money. Sean
>
Eldartford,
An isolation transformer would be used to clean the grunge from the AC power and improve the sound of ones equipment. A good isolation transformer purchased on the used market such as a Xentek or Topaz, 5 KVA isolation transformer would most likely do a better job than most or all of the other modern products on the market, at least thatÂ’s what my testing has indicated. I use other products in conjunction with isolation transformers prior to the AC reaching my equipment.
Lak...Some questions...

1. If a transformer removes "grunge" (that must be some technical term that I am unfamiliar with) why doesn't the transformer that is already in the audio equipment do the job?

2. Why doesn't power supply capacitance do the job? If this is a real problem, a PS filter using a series inductor between capacitors would be a lot cheaper than a transformer.

3. Why does the AC power need to be "grunge" - free? Low powered amps can use the applied audio signal as their source of power.

4. Of the many people who have bought power conditoning equipment, how many had measurements of their AC power to determine if they had any "grunge" to worry about?