I need a quiet tube amp

Hey guys...I need suggestions on quiet tube amps (SET and P/P suggestions are welcome). I know some very respected makes that create quite a bit of noise with efficient speakers and am wondering what's out there that's good sounding, well built, and quiet. I've got a 300B amp from a well regarded Japanese company that gets noisy at high levels with my 87db ProAcs. I can even slightly hear the buzzing at seat position 9 ft away. I've owned other tube amps that didn't do this and am getting a 2nd amp for the system and want something as quiet as possible. Thanks in advance, Audigoners!
tomryan
Tomryan, my new VAC Avatar Super is very quiet, even in Phono mode, with efficient speakers (Fab Audio "Stonehenges"). I recall someone running one with, I think, 2.5s and being very pleased. While researching amps, I noted comments about KT88s lacking the finess and musicality of, say, EL34's (used in the old Avatars). That's been a non-issue. The new Avatar Supers have a very musical presention along with superb control over speakers.

I bought a good integrated partly because it does away with pre-to-amp ICs and a VAC because they don't skimp on any section.

Incidentally, I permanently sidelined my AcousTech PH1P phono stage after using the Avatar's built-in phono stage (with their step-up x'former due to my low output MC cart). They really sing and and are dead quiet, even at high levels.

Good luck!

You should try the TRON high end tube amplifiers made by Graham Tricker at GT Audio in the UK. They are absolutely top class and designed to work with effcient speakers (Avantgarde Horns) and are absolutely SILENT. He makes a preamplifier (with MC phono) and his new power amps are either a 300B SET or a 845 push pull.
When you test his amps on full volume on phono with Avantgarde Trios (107db/W), there is absolute silence, even with your ear up to the speaker. I am buying one of his preamps to replace my Verdier Control B preamp, which is quiet, but not silent.
Sonically, they are right out of the top drawer. It is just a shame that not many people have heard of them.
Hi Tomryan,
I suggest you should listen to either Silver Eagle Audio 211 Signature or 211 parallel Reference monoblocks. They are well built with all top components.