Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
I compared the Oyaide R0 and R1 and much preferred the R0, but the GTX/Dr is clearly the best. But I really think evaluating outlets is the greatest pain.
Thankyou Jebsmith73 for your reply, many have the same opinion as TBG does about the furutech GTX-D Rhodium and Gold, I will see the out come over the next couple of months, currently, I bought both, however, I can exchange the looser for the winner between the two versions, or it may turn out that I can use both?, one version may work better than the other version on any given componet.
240 dollars for one duplex plug ? Ouch! I will just wait a bit when something "better" comes out, and buy them "used" for $65 dollars. How do you think I got all my 14 R1?
Hi Jebsmith73, As it turns out, I got 28% off full retail for the Gold Furutech GTX-D with the frame and cover plate package, then, to my suprise, friends that are dealer distributors got me a brand new un-cooked Rhodium for $156.00 shipped to me, now I may be getting another brand new frame and cover plate for an astounding $120.00 shipped to me, I will see if this deal pans out, that is a great deal considering my next best price is a whoping $265.98 from the same person that I bought the 28% package deal from, for the frame and cover plate, there are a total of three diferent people that I am dealing with, the two people I got the best deals from are personal friends that is tring to help me.