Calling all First Sound Preamp Owners

For those First Sound preamp owners, I'd like to know if you feel that using a line conditioner with it (either a power regenerator or passive filter) is superior to using just a power cord plugged directly into the wall socket, albiet a high quality power cord? I'm trying to decide which way to go and would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
Kevin
kevinzoe
Brooksl - interesting note on voided tube warantee if non-VTL preamp is used . . . I spoke with Bea at VTL and her KT88 tube prices are not competitive with what I can get from a local Toronto supplier at www.conusaudio.com so I don't think tube warantee will apply. But thanks for the heads up in any case.

Are you using VTL stuff?
Hi!

Interestingly, I was just about to post a question regarding the First Sound Deluxe preamp and line conditioners. I've had my FS (which I LOVE) for about 4 months, but after 1 month I started to hear clicking and popping sounds (bad tubes?). I replaced the tubes on my headphone amp (an Earmax Pro) but that didn't help and was now wondering if maybe the noise is due to my having the FS plugged into a BPT line conditioner. Bottom line, I would stay away from the line conditioner and plug the FS directly into the wall.
Kevinzoe, I owned a pair of MB-450 Sigs.. Also, I have a FS preamp.. I have found that I like it better plugged into my BPT 3.5. However, I do not have dedicated lines. When I get them installed, I will check again.
Go into the wall, no conditioner just like others have mentioned, but try to have a dedicated circuit, good outlets, and good power cords. I have listened to both the Shunyata Diamond Back and Taipan. In my system (with a First Sound 4.0), I think the Silent Source power cords are better. Quieter background, lower noise floor, more transparency.

I prefer the First Sound into the wall, with FIM outlets, and Silent Source PC's over plugged into a Shunyata Hydra-8. Saves money, too.

I have not tried the Audience "PowerChord"--as some recommend. If the PowerChord is as good as a PC as the Audience Au24 cables are as IC and speaker wire, then the PowerChord is worth looking into.