Any McIntosh C46 users??

Hello! I am considering this preamp to upgrade from my trusty little McIntosh C712. One of the main reasons is for the equalizer because I have been doing in-room response measurements that have brought some room issues to my attention. I have the TAS review of it but they left out one of the equalizer values. They listed 7 when there should be 8 and I see a hole between 70Hz and 300Hz which I suspect is the missing value. Can anyone read it off your preamp? That is the zone that needs correction and I am estimating the preamp's potential effectiveness.

Also any opinions about its sound is appreciated. Comparisons with other preamps are most helpful for me.

Thanks!
Arthur
aball
I definately agree the C46 will sound much better than the C712. I auditioned a C46 with a Mc402 and was overwhelmed with a desire to buy them. The sound was as refined as I have ever heard it. I have a MC7200 running balanced and like it very much but eventually a MC402 will come in the picture. I should have said the EQ would be a bonus and with a pot at 150, it will mostly correct one of my problems too. Thanks! Arthur
According to McIntosh, the C46 is very different than the C42. I didn't get specific details but they got the message across that they aren't the same despite similar front faces. Arthur