Tight-Budget Tube Integrated... Help

Greetings all. I'm looking for a used tubed integrated in the $300-400 range. I currently have Mordaunt-Short monitors, 90DB/8ohm, good-for-the-money speakers. I listen to a WIDE range of music, and do occasionally need to hear some Metallica or Jurassic 5 (with emphasis on the "occasional", everyday music much more like Radiohead or Dave Matthews), and am looking at my options. After pouring over the archives, a few options seem to keep appearing, Jolida 102, Jolida Hybrids, Almarro, Sophia Baby, ASL, etc. Has anyone heard/lived with the Radii products?

Having heard lots of hifi over the years, I realize my budget means compromise, but I want that "tube groove" back. No funds for seperates right now, so integrated it must be.

I have had two Jolida 302B's, both of which developed problems. Frustrated with the reliability issues, I tried a Rega integrated, but sold it. Even my "non-audiophile" girlfriend commented how "flat" it sounded (what a peach! - uh, I mean the girl, not the Rega)I don't need a lot, but I need RELIABLE tube sound in a small, cheap package. The vast majority of my listening is at volumes that you could talk over, if that helps.

I am much more concerned with quality than quantity, if I can even afford to choose at this dollar level.

Thanks in advance friends!
aldenruss
Spoke too soon-

Anthem Integrated One- $450 for sale today.

THese are decent products, no? Made by Sonic Frontiers, if I'm not mistaken.

Chime in, fellow Tube Lovers.
THis might be a good opportunity.
aldenruss hi.
I personally think your 3-400$ budget is way too low for a decent tubed intergre .I would triple that amount and then
start hunting in the used market. Check ROGUE AUDIO too.
JADIS is sweet but pricy. My two cents worth
Take a look at the used Fisher 500b tube receiver for around 400. Great manufacturing, good transformers, FM tuner, and will retain its value if you keep it in the condition in which you get it (assuming you get a fair price). They are very good units.
I agree there really aren't a lot of choices at that price. If you can get $600 together then you can experiment and listen to the newer Chinese imports if you don't take Trelja's advice. The Jolida 302 is a perpetual favorite ( Joe I am sorry, but a Jadis it is not) and while I didn't think it was great myself because it does everything but in a Mediocre with way definition, soundstage etc. It is very popular nevertheless, especially with certain speakers. It will give you the tube flavor. Just don't ask too much of it. EL84 tube amps are small and low powered there are some exceptions, and the amps can be very musical, but you'll need really efficient speakers. The AMC has also been recommended to me but its tubes are welded in place. So I have avoided it. Like I said there are lots of newer products coming out. Look for the thread on the Cayin et. al.