Tube amp for Avalon Eidolon ?

I have no experience with tubes, and want to give them a try on my Avalon Eidolon (not diamonds) speakers (87 dB sensitivity, 4 ohm nominal, 3.6 ohm minimum). I'm using dCS Elgar + Purcel front end and currently not using a pre-amp, cardas neutral reference cables. I listen mostly to jazz, some classical, some rock.

Looking for suggestions on tube amp(s), preferably with balanced inputs, but not mandatory. I'm willing to spend some money, up to say $15k, and will probably try to buy used.

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated. Thanks. John.
johnax
Rushton is spot on. I have had the pleasure of repeated listening sessions at his home. Anyone who says that tubes can't do bass have never heard the incredible synergy that exists in the Eidolon/Atma-sphere MA-2 pairing. This pairing presents a believable, palpable soundstage that extends way behind and to the sides of the Eidolons to the point where they disappear and all there is is the music. Resolving of detail and nueance at any volume level (a major plus if you are like me and don't listen at crushing levels), but also capable of natural unstrained high volumes. Rushton's system is one of the most truely musical non-fatigue inducing setups I have ever heard (of course it does not hurt that his source, preamp, and cabling are top notch as well). That said, I have heard many mega-buck setups that don't sound as believable as his does. He has paid attention to the details of setup, power, cabling and that all-important synergy of equipment combination.
If you are considering the kind of investment this pairing involves, you would be doing yourself a huge favor by paying attention to Rushton's comments and perhaps reviewing some of the other threads he has contributed to.
A friend of mine has tried four different tube mono-block amps with his Eidolons (also not the diamonds). I got to listen to them all luckily enough for me!
I will list them in the order tried.

1. Kora Cosmos. Great sound, but way too little power at 100W/ch. (I think the sound was the best using these, but only chamber music, and jazz combos really worked with these, as the power was just not enough for symphony music or even high intensity rock.)

2. BAT 75. Good sound, decent power, but seemed to sacrafice some of the nice tube sound for the extra power.
(I compared these to the Kora Cosmos, not to the next two amps.)

3. Manley NeoClassic 250. Very good sound and very good power. Almost a keeper, except it would clip, albeit gently, when pushed to extremes. (My friend is very much into symphony music, and listening at realistic sound levels. It took a very loud symphony passage to get this to clip. Beautiful amp to look at, espcially with the gold face.)

4. VTL MB 450. This was the end of his search. This had very good sound and excellent power.
(Note: It is not the best looking amp, as it is fairly utilitarian looking, but it is not ugly, just kind of plain. I mention this because the Manley's were gorgeous as are the Eidolons. My favorite speaker, which I wish I could afford!)

My two cents worth anyway. Good luck in your search.
I agree with the previous posts regarding Atma-Sphere/Eidelon synergy. Works well in my system, but the front end, including my preamp is very musical. Ample power to drive the hugry Eidelons. I have heard great things of the Joule OTLs. The CAT monos have been in my system and I really enjoyed them. A friend presently has the CAT JL-2 with Eidelons. He's fine tuning it to a most musical system. Other options offering vast potential are the large LAMMS; some really good solid state with very musical preamps, such as Classe and Rowland with Jadis in front.

Oddly, the one time I heard Eidelons with ARC and Spectral, the results were unsatisfying. It was in an audio shop with what appeared to be a well thought out design, although a dry non-musical presentation was what I heard. Actually, had I been in the market for this speaker at the time this audition would have sent be elsewhere.
DAER SIR ,
YOU HAVE REQUESTED TUBE AMPS FOR THE EIDOLONS. I WOULD SUGGEST YOU LOOK INTO THE KRELL (KAS-1). THIS IS NOT A TUBE AMP BUT IT IS VERY SPECIAL AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING ON THE EIDOLONS THAT CAN COMPARE TO THIS. THAT GOES FOR TUBE ,
SOLID STATE , OR HYBRIDES. GOOD HUNTING FOR AN AMP .
THE (KAS-1) USED GO FOR 9K TO 12K.
Do anybody try Eidolon with Gryphon Antileon Mono Block? Or MBL 9010?

How about Rowland 9?