Bricasti M1 DAC vs PS Audio Direct Stream DAC

I own a PS Audio Direct Stream DAC that I like a lot but heard my friends system with the Bricasti M1 and I am strongly thinking of changing my DAC and would love your feedback from other members that have heard either or both. I know they are both great but really thinking of changing my Dac from PS Audio Direct Stream to the Bricasti M1 DAC. I use a HP Desk top computer as source with Jplay and JRiver Media 19 and the outstanding Tellurium Q BLACK DIAMOND Reference USB Cable. The rest of my system is below. I listen to Classic Rock, jazz, vocal, some modern music and the usual audiophile stuff.

Thanks

My system for reference.

Ascendo C-8 Renaissance Speakers (Germany) Monitor
Purist Audio Design Corvus Praesto Revision 2.5m Bi-Wire Speaker cable
Cardas Clear Interconnect 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Darwin TRUTH Pure Silver Reference 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Darwin TRUTH Pure Silver Reference 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Audio Research REFERENCE 1 w/Rhodium IEC/NOS Tubes Tube preamp
Decware ZSTAGE External Triode Output StageTelefunken ECC801S
PS Audio Direct Stream DSD DAC w/ Bridge DA converter
Tellurium Q BLACK DIAMOND Reference USB Cable
PS Audio PerfectWave PowerBase Vibration Cancelation/AC Condtioner
Conrad Johnson Premier 12 Mono's 140 Watts Tung-Sol KT120's amps
PS Audio PowerPlant Premier AC Regenerator
BMI Shark Pure Jeweler Grade Platinum AC Power Cable
Sablon Audio Petite Corona 2.0M AC Power Cable
Mad Scientist PC-NEO with Power Purifier AC Power Cable
JPS Labs The Power AC+ 2M AC Power Cable
Synergistic Research Labs Tesla Series SE T1 AC Power Cable
Synergistic Research Labs Tesla Series T1 AC Power Cable
PS Audio Noise Harvester (5) Converts noise to light
OYAIDE RI Beryllium Power Outlets (2)
Hubbell Outlet 5362/5262 Deep Cryo Process
Blue Circle Audio The Yalu Balula Industrial Surge/Spike Protection
JPLAY v5.2 hi-end audio player turns PC into a digital transport.
JRiver Media Center 19 Music Software
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
3 Days and the Bricasti will be here. I can't wait !!! Pretty excited to get it !!!

Congrats on your decision to go with the Bricasti M1 DAC. It's a superb sounding unit, and the company and the level of support that they provide is absolutely first class! Looking forward to your further thoughts on it...
Thanks Bill_! It funny because the new PS Audio DirectStream Pikes Peak upgrade really changes the sound signature of the DAC and it really takes some time to get used to. It really increases the instrument separation that was already good but is much better and until you get used to this change the music almost feels a little disjointed or like the PRAT was effected but I think that was something our ears and brain needs some time on because I am very pleased with it now and don't feel that way after a little more time with it. I liked it before and I like it a lot better now.

I also did a full interconnect swap from Cardas Clear to Darwin TRUTH. I did that before the upgrade but may have still been getting used to those as well. I am telling you guys these interconnects are incredible. I think they are better than Valhalla. Quite similar actually just not as cool and their smoother but with all the bite and grip to them there notes. Much better than the Clears and I loved the Clears. I traded my Clear's and sold my Valhalla and couldn't be happier. Check them out you will be very happy and thank me because they are less expensive and he always has demo models and gives you a 30 day full refund but you will never send them back. Even if you have $5000 interconnects you will keep them because you won't believe what you are hearing for this kind of money, but I think they are the best interconnects out there under the $3,500 and they can be had for $600 to $800 SE. I am not selling because I have nothing to do with that company other than being blown away by their cables that cost so much less and are so much better I can't believe why more people don't use them is all. Just trying to help out a fellow agon brother is all. Perfect match for the DirectStream with pp and I hope as good or better with the Bricasti. It's funny because I am just settling in on the DS and now off it goes. So goes things in our world of HI-FI...
Steve - or anyone else I really need help! I got the Bracasti M1 and I am really bummed.

It will not work with my Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB Cable. This is a huge problem for me. This cable made my DirectStream MUCH MUCH MUCH better and it just won't work with the Bricasti M1. Been on the phone with Brian at Bricasti and the US Distributor for the Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB cable Fidelis in NH. If I knew this DAC wouldn't take my cable I would have never bought it. That is how good this cable is. I am bummed to the max!!! I plugged in a $3.99 cable from my printer and it worked fine but sounds like crap. I tried my Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB in Ayre QB-9 and it works great and it worked great with my DirectStream. Super frustrated and super bummed out. Steve I would love to still use this cable in some kind of configuration or work around if possible but used most my audio money on this DAC change. Could a off ramp work? I would need that and a good SPDIF cable? Not sure a $1,500 USB cable will be easy to Flip but it sounds amazing so I don't want to sell it but don't know what to do? This was not what I was hoping to report to you guys and I have been so looking forward to getting this DAC. What a HUGE let down... No music and not that it should be compared but the DirectStream with the all world Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB Cable vs the Bricasti M1 with $3.99 cable is such a mismatch. The Bricasti sounds like an am alarm clock. Obviously not a fair comparison but well its what I have heard from it so far....
I cannot believe your Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB Cable does not work with your new Bracasti M1. What did Bricasti say when you spoke to them? What about Tellurium?

I think you said other USB cables work with the Bricasti but not the Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB Cable. There seem to be a wiring or sync conflict between the Telluriumand and the Bricasti but I have no clue what that is. Since the Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB Cable works with the Ayre QB-9 and the DirectStream, the conflict seems to be with the Bricasti M1.

What a bummer. A brand new DAC and your USB cable does not work.

Please keep us posted.