Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
Davidpritchard,

I think it is best to leave preconceived notions at the door when it comes to inlets and outlets. I was actually surprised that the Furutech was a dud in my power regenerator. I think what this discussion shows is that there are really no rules to go by -- only what our ears tell us.
How much cost the US retail price for Oyaides R1 ?
i have 10 unit for sale
Thanks
Michelzay.It is so true what you say about how Rhodium connectors works excellent in LEDHD TV.Yesterday I lend my PAD Musaeus power cord with Furutech FI-11- N1 (R) Rhodium connectors to a friend.He put it to feed its Audioprism power conditionner replacing a Shunyata Copperhead with Oyaide P 079 gold connectors.As a result the imaging has improved in 3D,more depth, more definition and contrasts.So I arrived at the same conclusion, that Rhodium connectors are an excellent option for LEd Tv signal.I had the same cable in my audio system and it didn`t worked, middles sounded restrained (voices sounded like forced)and basses very tight.So I make a Musaeus power cord with Fi-11-N1 Gold connector and now it works as I wanted.Again that doesn`t mean that in another audio systems rhodium could perform more comfortably ,but in my system definitely not.Cheers and thanks for your comments.P.D:At the moment I`m in the break-in process of Gold connectors(as you see in my another thread)I`ll take my conclusion after 180 hours of use.Cheers!Raf.
Raf, thanks for your comments. in another treat I also posted some complementary information. hope that would help. For break-in period, my cables were already broke-in and connecting FI-11n took more than 180 hours and as I said earlier, after 220-250 you will really hear more refinements.

The original connectors on your power cord, seems to be Wattgate brass NEAM/IEC. So the difference between gold and brass should not be just as a subtle change in sound. I am interested to find out what are your conclusions. Perhaps I could use the same concept with one of my Transparent PowerlinkMM which uses also wattagate connector.

cheers,
Michel
Bol1972.Just a question for you.In which Purist Audio Design cable have you tested the Oyaide F50 and F1 connectors?Was it a Musaeus or Aqueous cable?Cheers.Raf