Parasound JC1's vs. Sim Audio W10

I am looking for amps to drive some MBL 101d's and wonder which of these two monoblocks would work the best. Or any other suggestions that you might have.
husk01
Bob. What is the difference between high and low bias on a practical and sound quality level?.

thanks Shane
Hi Shane,

In low bias the unit will go into AB mode at about 10w which is audible with my Rockport speakers and isn't in high bias which allows about 30w of class A. I normally run the amps 24/7 in low bias and flip the switches to high bias when I want to listen to anything above tuner level......This saves a bit on heat and electricity and is a useful feature on this large amp........
Bob,

Is it ok to turn the JC-1's on and off every day or does it take to much of a toll on them? I prefer to do this but certainly do not want to hurt the amps. Thanks for your responce
Break in time. Bob I am going to have listen one more time to a pair of JC-1's in the next couple of weeks.

What is the minimum play time until these amps will show most of what they are worth and sound pretty nice.

I had a listen to a pair 6 months ago and frankly was underwelmed - they had about 100-150 hours on them and I ran them in for another 50 of so. The dealer in total has probably only put about 300 hours max even now. He much prefers the sound of the moon W5 and has dismissed the JC-1's as he believes the long play time as garbage.

Bear in mind that the dealer is not going to let me play these amps for 1500 hours, and I am not going to buy anything on the promise of fundamental changes in sound at a later stage.

I would appreciate your honest oipen opinion as always.

cheers Shane
Shane,

I know a number of people who have these amps (including myslef), and I am pretty sure all of them will tell you that prior to about 1200 hours, they relly do not shine. After that initial 1200 to 1500 hours they are a totally different amp. Feel free to e-mail me if you want to discuss them over the phone.