Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
Hi jebsmith73, Have you experimented between gold and Rhodium out-lets?, good to see you, I do not mind buying both to find out what works best where and on what, however, that means I would likly loose money on buying one out-let, then buy another, to bad I cannot audition the two and send the one back that does not work.
Rafael0054, Hi, I may have to bite the bullet and buy both to find out what works best on what, do you have anything to add to your impression's of your experimenting?, the answer to you r question is, all the post over the last couple of months has been a mixed bag of what's best between Gold and Rhodium, your explanation of why is helped me alot, cheers.
Audiolabyrinth.It is said that rhodium has more extention, more louder and more top ends, with airy High frequencies.May be is a good chance to make a try.As I said before I have not experimented with gold or rhodium outlets.I have my furutech FPX duplex outlet, which is made of pure cooper.It is the cheapest Furutech and works excellent in my system.So it`s up to tou.Very often in Hi End audio to reveal a curiosity you have to spend money, that`s the ugly part.What really helps in Hi end audio is ( if possible) to have a group of people that can lend each other some plugs, cables to make a test and to discover what really works or not in a determined system.That saves a lot of money, but not always is possible.If you buy rhodium or gold or another outlet, please make a comment to see how it worked.I wish you luck!Regards!Raf
Jeb, just as an academic question i'm interested to know if you've compared the Furutech FI09 (R) to the GTX-D (G)? Are you aware of the drastic difference the pure copper base metal makes in the GTX?