Tenor amp / Coincident Total Victory combo

I will be receiving my Coincident Total Victory speakers in the near future. These are Mr. Blume's latest version with slightly upgraded parts in the crossover (he apparently already uses the best available) and a messaging of the tuned port to help lower a slight midbass bump. I am excited.

I am presently using his Coincident 300b mono's with Sophia 300b tubes. The amp sounds amazing.

Previous to the Total Victories I was using his regular Victory, now sold. The synergy between his amp and speaker was marvelous. The only thing lacking was the lower end. Luckily I had an Rel Strata lll sub. The TV's will not need a sub. Everything else was second to none IMO.

My next upgrade will likely be to an OTL. I have heard the Atma-Sphere's on a few occasions, and have always felt they where the best for my listening tastes.

I than heard the Tenor 75wi, and now the 150hp. Both these amps sounded as good (if not better) than the Atma's. I was wondering if anyone has paired any of these amps to any of the Coincident speakers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

EMM combo for digital source, JA Michell/RS Labs/ ZYX 1000/ Groove for analog source.
cousinbillyl
Here's another suggestion. Israel has the new Canary CA-339, and says it's one of the best amps he's heard on the Total Victories. Canary apparently agrees, because they've ordered 4 sets of TVs from him, and have told me this amp/speaker combo is a "perfect match". They're pricey ($13K), and they're push-pull, but they are 300B amps. You may never need their 50 wpc power, but according to Israel the dynamics re superb.

BTW - I agree with your assessment of the KR 300BXLS. My Wavelengths came with new WE's, and I prefer the KR tubes. Any 300B amp I get will eventually wind up tubed with KRs.
Here's an update on my quest for amps to drive the TVs.

I took Israel's word for it and ordered a pair of the Canary CA-339 monos. They came with EH 300B's, and I've retubed with KR 300BXLS. All I can say is wow!. They have really kept all the 300B magic in a p-p topology. They're easily as musical as a good SET, and way more than some! The sound has a completeness in every respect that it utterly beguiling. They have effortless dynamics, very deep realistic bass (not tight, not loose, just fully resolved bass down to the limits of the speakers and room), black backgrounds, super low noise, a very smooth top end with the KR tubes, totally convincing image and staging, and superb unforced resolution right across the spectrum. They have the most realistic sound I've ever heard from an amp.

I've also been using the deHavilland Aries 845G monos, also retubed with KR power tubes. These are lovely amps for acoustic/vocal/small string ensembles. There's a warmth and completeness to the midrange that feels like wrapping up in a blanket with a hot buttered rum on a cold winter day. Just gorgeous. The high end is smooth and very sweet - solo violin is ravishing - but is a touch rolled off. They have higher electrical and mechanical noise levels than the Canaries. They can't match the Canaries' dynamics, transparency, resolution or imaging. The bass is noticeably rolled off, but this may have something to do with an impedance mismatch - the amps I got are wired for 4 ohms, and the speakers are nominally 10 (8 ohm wiring is a factory option). They're really nice amps, especially for that certain class of music, but fuill-range dynamic speakers like the TVs highlight some if their shortcomings.

The Canary CA-339 is the clear winner, easily outdistancing the other amps I've tried. It's the first amp I've found that satisfies both my Dr. Jekyll music-lover and my Mr. Hyde audiophool. People with total Victories should hear these if they can. They're pricey, but IMO they're worth it.
FWIW, if I can chip in, the M-60 (and our other amps as well) have changed a bit over the last few months and years. You might try out a later set, or get the older set updated.

See also:http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/atmasphere_ma2ii3.htm

While these comments are regarding the MA-2, the changes that brought that to fruition apply to the smaller amps as well. Israel developed the concepts that fuel his speaker lineup on an older set of M-60s.
The final nod went to the Atma Sphere M60 mk.ll.2 (with all three of their upgrades). We all have different needs as far as our listening priorities. This amp was my favorite of all I have listened to. The only other amp I would now like to bring into my listening room is the original Tenor 75.

I did hear the Canaries, and did like them. The M60's however appear to have more power in the bass, and by virtue of being an OTL, a little more open and transparant.

At this level, it is hard for me to describe the differences. There where pros and cons to all.

I did hear the new Tenor 300hp. It was paired with the new Kharma's? (the $60,000.00? pair), and the Audio Aero. It too was a great combo, just not my cup'o'tea. I like my music a little more jumpy and alive than this combo offered.
Just got the Atma-Sphere MA1 Silver Edition. Wow, my M60's will soon be for sale.

With the Silver's, so far nothing else I have heard comes close. More base than I know what to do with, and I have a placette passive linestage.