$4000 to spend on a SS power amp - help me choose

Audiomeca Mephisto II CD Player
Emotive Audio Sira preamp
VMPS Super Tower R / SRE (ribbon tweets; ribbon mid panel)
Acoustic Zen cables everywhere

I own a Graaf GM 200 OTL as my first amp; the SS will be
a back-up or possibly drive the bass in a bi-amp situation w/
the Graaf & a VMPS active crossover.
sjhall
Second the Sunfire 600 two, I have heard your speakers through a bi-wired Sunfire 300 two, and that is where its at. If your intrested I have a 300 two I will sell. Save lots. But if I were you go with the 600 two, with the impedence of the s/t/r you will have klipsch like Spl, and you can use the current source to your ribbons.
Brian, I'm glad you have had success with the amps you sell. However, I feel after over 35 years of stereo, I'm entitled to my opinion about the Jc-1's and that is exactly what I have given. I just don't think that, with breakin or not, they will catch up with the Ayre V5x's standard of soundstage depth. It really wasn't that close.
I broke them in 24/7 for 2 months and the Ayre had better depth out of the box new!
I do think the JC-1's are well built, etc. and a bargain at their price, just not the last word in depth as I'm sure the Ayre isn't either.
Because this thread is still running, I thought I would jump in with my two-cents worth.

If you want tube-like performance from solid state, try these:

1. Theta Dreadnaught II
2. McIntosh MC402/MC352
3. Ayre V5x
4. Sunfire Signature with tubed preamp
5. Jeff Rowland Design's earlier models
5. Conrad-Johnson 2500A
6. Mark Levinson 400 Series
Jeff Rowland 201's.

They are so good that I was ok with replacing my Kora Cosmos Reference Monos that out out 100 watts Class A Triode from each amp.

The Rowlands are quite as good in the midrange as a very good tube amp, but it smokes 'em in the extremes.

Find a way to audition a pair...I doubt they will go back.

George
I will third the Sunfire 600 -- Two. Heard that amp recently once more against the McIntosh MC402 and found the Sunfire the much more accurate, transparent, detailed, and open of the two while still sounding very musical.