Panasonic digital amps and 4 ohm speakers

I've been looking at buying one of the new Panasonic XR digital receivers (SA-XR50 or SA-XR70), but the XR50 specifies 6-16 ohms. Anyone tried using one of these (or the older XR45) with a 4 ohm speaker?

I've got some GMA Europas on order, and was hoping to mate them with one of the new Panasonic receivers. Any reason not to?

My room is only 12 x 19, I listen mostly to 2 channel, and mostly listen at low to moderate levels. Definitely want to be able to crank it up every now and then, though. Thanks for any help.
ragan
Thanks, Gmood1. Would replacing the power cords on the Panasonic and cdp have the same effect as using a Powervar or OneAC unit? New PCs from SignalCable or Bolder would actually cost more than the prices you quoted, but I am curious as to the effects of a PC versus a conditioner.
Ragan I have experimented both ways.I used a Tice Infinite speed power cord with great results. This power cord cost nearly twice what I paid for the Panny! I also tried a regular 18 gauge cord into the Powervar..along with the cd player plugged into the same unit. It was just too clean for me(your results may vary depending how clean the power is in your area). I found plugging the Panny straight into the wall with the cd player plugged into the Powervar worked best. I also used both units into a Monster Power Center and a Tice Power conditioner.The results were less noticeable.The most cost effective way with the greatest results was using the Powervar on the cd player with a normal cord (not the stock though)on the Panny. Get at least an 18 or 14 gauge computer grade cord .This will cost you maybe $6.00. As good as some of the power cords are none can do what a power conditioner does with isolation transformers IMHO.

The Panny is like a powered Dac that plugs directly into your speakers. So you want the bitstream it sees to be as free from ac hash and noise as possible.The Powervars do this without a hitch. I work in the communications field.
If a Powervar is good enough to plug millions of dollars worth of equipment to. It's good enough for the audio toys.
Hi,
I just bought a panasonic xa 50 from j and r music for a second system. I am using a philips 963sa as dvd player. I ran a digital out from the 963 to the panny. It will not play sacd's. Cd plays, though. Also, i want to put it into "party mode" to double the power to my main speakers. It says no "sfm" for this pcm source. Can i use the party mode? Why not?
Thanks guys.
SACD does not output a digital signal. You will need to use analog outputs from the Philips for your SACD playback, but for CD and DVD continue to use the digital out.