AV Receiver recommends

I started researching receivers last year. The only place I could actually audition any of them was at the Magnolia room (Best Buy) and they tend to push you towards the Pioneer D Class Amps. Not that anything is wrong with them I actually like the Pioneer SC-91 that just came out.

I wanted to get the boards consensus though before going that route. I think the AV receiver is my next purchase.

Again, I am running a 5.1 system with B&W CM1's all around, Sony XBR-55HX950 TV, JBL-150 (pending upgrade) and my 15 year old Yamaha AV.

Are there other recommendations outside the Pioneer D Class series? I'm sorta an Apple guy so iPhone, iTunes, Apple TV integration is always a plus.
thx-333
ARCAM or CAMBRIDGE for superior audio .... Google the reviews.

All AVRs have their warts, limitations, and compromises when compared to quality build separates but especially stay clear from ONKYO AVRs....there are a buzzillon posts on AGON and Canuckaudiomart about their legendary catastrophic continuing main board and HDMI failures and no help and no recourse for a failed unit that is now a crap boat anchor.

ARCAM has a 5 year warranty and CAMBRIDGE has a three year warranty .... with an AVR you are going to need it.

Virtually all the others only have a one year warranty ....for good reasons ..... caveat emptor ..... full stop.
I have a Denon AVR x3100 and really like it. It has great functionality, fine sound, looks great. Recommended
You're better off doing the opposite of whatever they tell you in Best Buy/Magnolia. Out of all the stuff I've seen on display there, I would go with Marantz.