Krell ksa-300s vs Pass Labs x-350

Anyone has the good fortune of auditioning/owning these two amps? And which one do you prefer?
arthurmail
Steve, no problem- I do understand your frustrations and share the same. As the President of the Martin Logan Club, many members of the club have Krell amps in their set-ups and are extremely happy with them. From a technical standpoint they are extremely well-built and last very long- they also exhibit phenomenal amounts of power. The older KSA models (1988-1990) are built to last and unfortunately they don't make these likes anymore. Krell, or Pass, they both show us how solid state amps should be built and it is fortunate that we do have choices which makes hi-fi such an enjoyable and even debatable hobby. For those who like SS, well more power to them. As established and renowned high-end audio American companies, it is important to stand behind them and our continued support makes it all the better. Enjoy your music and as the saying goes "May the best amp wins...!"

As for Drubin, it doesn't really matter that he is not comparing directly to Bose- just the idea of having an experience in that regard is pitiful. After all, Bose is not a true Audiophile high-end experience- it is ridiculous to say even a purchase of a Pass Labs amp is such a lowly experience. How can it be? You are an intelligent person and it does no good to defend such odd and stupid statements- the decision to get a Pass should be an exciting and fulfilling one- if the amp does not work as well it is because the set-up is incorrect- so many factors to consider (warm-up time, break-in time, room acoustics, etc). Even if the Pass is not up to the same level as the Krell according to the listener's personal taste, it can't be so terrible that one has to compare that to a decision getting Bose! No, I am not a sheriff but someone who enjoys reading helpful comments and not flame-inducing comments. I always read first and god forbid ever want to leap into such a mess- so peace and leave it at that.

Happy Listening!

Zenaissance
Krell sucks and as long as they keep making them like they are I will keep buying them!!! My FPB 200 is the best amp I have ever owned. I have heard worse sound from better(?) products!
pass labs makes very ,very , very, very,very, very,............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................good amps... not great ones.
Cdimi,
What is a great amp for 4000 used that will better the x-350? And please tell me why.