convergent stereo amp

I heard last time the newest stereo amp from convergent. I was also very impressed by the sound withe the eidolon diamond's, perhaps one of the best amp I ever heard. The amp was a giant-size with 8 x 6550 for side, but no mark no name no sign. Who can give me more info's about? (exacte typ-watts-price in the states-test & reviews, best associated preamp etc) Convergent audio - incredible - has no web-page.... Thank you very much, guys!
alexismaster
The JL1 and JL1 Signature monoblocks have been replaced with the JL3 and JL3 Signature models which incorporate the improvements introduced in the JL2.

Brian Walsh
thank you guys! In my opinion the jl2 is a greath amp... one of the best - if not the best - I ever heard. but the cat preamp? I had a cat sl1 signature long long time ago but the phono gain was to low and the overall sound wasn't "so" impressive. Then I replaced it with jadis, spectral, and now, fm acoustics (made in switzerland). who can tell me something about the sl1 ultimate?
thank you......
Can't tell you anything about the SL1 Ultimate from personal experience but only what Ken Stevens told me in a phone conversation with him. The major upgrade in the Ultimate over the Sig Mk3 was the marked improvement in timbral accuracy. He accomplished this thru significant changes in the power supply & associated filtering. So he informed me.

I own a SL1 Signature Mk3 & I can tell you that it is very impressive. Impresses me each time I listen to it! One of the major reasons I bought this pre was for its phono stage!! I have heard the Spectral DMC20 in my system. Excellent ss pre but doesn't have the tube magic of the CAT. Otherwise, a very fine pre despite its age. I know that Ken has the highest respect for Jadis. Haven't heard one just yet.

Now, I don't know which Signature model you owned (there was Mk1, Mk2 & finally Mk3). The Mk3 version was the best. I think that when they upgraded from Mk1 to Mk2 they changed the V1, V2, V6, V7 tubes to 6922 from 12AU7s. Ken tells me that this change made a world of diff. for the better + improved tube reliabilty even more. Maybe you had the Signature Mk1 w/ 12AU7 input tubes??

I personally feel that the SL1 Ultimate Mk2 will impress you a lot but only you can decided once you hear it for yourself.

FWIW. IMHO. YMMV.