Lampizator DAC

Hello,
Interested to know if anyone has heard Lukasz Fikus' Lampizator DAC? If so, please describe what you heard and how it compares to others. Also, note as to which level / configuration of the lampizator you auditioned / own.
thanks
128x128grateful
Thanks

I compiled a bunch of feedback in another thread here.

It just keeps piling on and the DAC keeps getting better and Lukasz keeps tinkering. Another bonus is that older units can be upgraded at cost, if people feel so inclined.

I am glad I got in before the price increases.
Reset switch ?????????
Now what is that and when to use it ? What does it do ?
And, how long does it take to burn in the dac ?
I received the LZ DAC (level 2, generation 2.5, balance, 4 output tubes, analog volume control) over the new year, and it is still breaking in at the moment, but it is definitely special. I'm a DAC nut, and was on a quest to find the best DAC in the world (err...that I can afford).

I divide "good" DACs into two camps. 1)Ultra modern with super detail and frequency extension 2)Organic, warm and liquid.

I have never really found the ultimate middle ground - a DAC that is excellent at both. But I think the LZ is close.

Workmanship and assembly quality could be better, but hey it's significantly cheaper than similar performing DACs.

Will post a detail review, after i really settle in with it.

Some pics here:
http://www.digitalaudioblog.com/p/reviews.html
Pani,

Only some of the latest builds have a reset switch, but for all the rest, the same can be accomplished by unplugging the DAC for several minutes at least and then replugging the power cable and starting fresh. Similar to (hard) rebooting a PC. Remeber, this is digital and chips do go awry some times. You would do this if the unit does not sound as good as you expect.

As for break-in, I expect that 4-5 days on continuous cycle should be enough. I dont do it, I just play when I want and eventually it will get there...I am patient enough.
For dedicated discussions on this make of DAC (by owners) and for answers to burning questions from prospective owners, go to :
http://lzdacowners.xtremeservers.at/index.php